What is the hexadecimal system used for?
Hexadecimal numerals are widely used by computer system designers and programmers, as they provide a more human-friendly representation of binary-coded values. Each hexadecimal digit represents four binary digits, also known as a nibble, which is half a byte.
The main advantage of a Hexadecimal Number is that it is very compact and by using a base of 16 means that the number of digits used to represent a given number is usually less than in binary or decimal. Also, it is quick and easy to convert between hexadecimal numbers and binary.
- The hexadecimal numbers are 0-9 and then use the letters A-F. We show the equivalence of binary, decimal, and hexadecimal numbers in the table below. Hexadecimal is a convenient way to express binary numbers in modern computers in which a byte is almost always defined as containing eight binary digits.
- Sometimes you hear a group of four bits called a nibble. The largest number you can represent with 8 bits is 11111111, or 255 in decimal notation. Since 00000000 is the smallest, you can represent 256 things with a byte. (Remember, a bite is just a pattern.
- In mathematics and computing, hexadecimal (also base 16, or hex) is a positional numeral system with a radix, or base, of 16. It uses sixteen distinct symbols, most often the symbols 0–9 to represent values zero to nine, and A–F (or alternatively a–f) to represent values ten to fifteen.
A hex triplet is a six-digit, three-byte hexadecimal number used in HTML, CSS, SVG, and other computing applications to represent colors. The bytes represent the red, green and blue components of the color. One byte represents a number in the range 00 to FF (in hexadecimal notation), or 0 to 255 in decimal notation.
- Henoch-Schönlein purpura (HSP) is an autoimmune disease (the immune system attacks the body). In the case of HSP, the small blood vessels in the skin become inflamed (a condition called vasculitis) and start leaking red blood cells, which causes a purplish, bruise-like rash on the legs, buttocks, and arms.
- Hue is therefore the actual color. Brightness refers to how much white (or black) is mixed in the color while Saturation indicates the amount of grey in a color. A saturation value of 0 indicates mostly grey while 100% luminosity (or L = 255) is white (see charts).
- saturation point. Examples Word Origin. the point at which a substance will receive no more of another substance in solution, chemical combination, etc. a point at which some capacity is at its fullest; limit: After a while she reached the saturation point and could absorb nothing more from the lectures.
Updated: 18th November 2019