Moreover, what are the 3 main functions of the kidneys?
- Regulation of extracellular fluid volume. The kidneys work to ensure an adequate quantity of plasma to keep blood flowing to vital organs.
- Regulation of osmolarity.
- Regulation of ion concentrations.
- Regulation of pH.
- Excretion of wastes and toxins.
- Production of hormones.
What is the primary function of the kidneys?
What are the seven functions of the kidneys?
- Regulation of blood volume:
- Regulation of blood pressure:
- Regulation of the pH of the blood:
- Regulation of the ionic composition of blood:
- Production of Red blood cells:
- Synthesis of Vitamin D:
- Excretion of waste products and foreign substances: