What is the function of a pillar?
an upright shaft or structure, of stone, brick, or other material, relatively slender in proportion to its height, and of any shape in section, used as a building support, or standing alone, as for a monument: Gothic pillars; a pillar to commemorate Columbus.
Noun. pillar of the community (plural pillars of the community) A prominent member or supporter of a particular community.
- Pillar of Society. New Word Suggestion. A person who is universally respected- reliable-decent and hard working that is more of a giver than taker; often engaging in voluntary work and taking up worthy causes who neighbors and the community have high regards and esteem for. Submitted By: DavedWachsman2 - 17/04/2013.
- Here's the dictionary definition of an editorial: “an article in a newspaper or other periodical presenting the opinion of the publisher, editor or editors.” These are columns generally written by staff members of the newspaper. It is their personal opinion about issues.
- Top Five Graphic Design Skills
- Communication. Graphic designers communicate ideas through text and image.
- Creativity. Graphic designers need to be creative thinkers.
- Technology. Graphic designers have to master various forms of technology in today's world.
- Time Management.
- A - C.
- D - M.
- N - R.
pillar. While a column and a pillar are both physical cylindrical structures, a column can also be the row running up and down on a chart, while a pillar is often someone or thing that is considered a foundation or support. Someone indispensable to your company might be considered a pillar to the organization.
- A pillar of cloud (Hebrew: ???? ???) was one of the manifestations of the presence of the God of Israel in the Torah, the five books of Moses which appear at the beginning of the Old Testament Bible.
- Means "pillar" in Spanish. It is taken from the title of the Virgin Mary, María del Pilar, meaning "Mary of the Pillar". According to legend, when Saint James the Greater was in Saragossa in Spain, the Virgin Mary appeared on a pillar.
- A trichilemmal cyst, also known as a wen, pilar cyst or isthmus-catagen cyst, is a common cyst that forms from a hair follicle. They are most often found on the scalp. The cysts are smooth, mobile and filled with keratin, a protein component found in hair, nails, skin, and horns.
Means "pillar" in Spanish. It is taken from the title of the Virgin Mary, María del Pilar, meaning "Mary of the Pillar". According to legend, when Saint James the Greater was in Saragossa in Spain, the Virgin Mary appeared on a pillar.
- Paloma (cocktail) The paloma (Spanish for "dove") is a tequila-based cocktail. This drink is most commonly prepared by mixing tequila with a grapefruit-flavored soda such as Fresca, Squirt, or Jarritos and served on the rocks with a lime wedge. This drink also has the option of adding salt to the rim of the glass.
- Paloma. Paloma is made from mixing purple and yellow complementaries with white to make a soft warm neutral taupe grey. It is both a modern contemporary colour and a classic colour that was used when a range of purples first became possible.
- Strain into a cocktail glass or two, and serve. Pour the Jose Cuervo gold tequila, Grand Marnier, sweet and sour mix and cranberry juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes. Shake vigorously. Pour into a margarita glass, and add the lime juice.
Updated: 29th September 2018