What is the default username and password for Comcast router?
Re: Forgot Password of http://10.0.0.1. If you are using a Comcast wireless gateway, the default username is "admin" and the default password "password".
- Make sure you are connected to your network. This can be a wired or wifi connection.
- Open a browser and go to 10.0.0.1. This is the router's gateway and it will automatically bring up a log in screen.
- Enter username and password.
- Change your password.
- Next up: Learn how to speed up your wifi connection.
- Once you have signed in and selected Internet, followed by Change WiFi Settings and Other Settings, choose Go to Admin Tool from the XFINITY My Account app and select Advanced Settings. To make changes, you must be on your in-home network. Use the default username "admin" and the password "password" to log in.
- Locate the Reset button on the back of your modem. Press and hold the Reset button using a pen or other pointed non-metallic object until the lights on the front of your modem turn off. Release the button and wait for the modem to cycle back up and reinitialize. This can take up to five minutes.
- Setting your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router to Bridge Mode is applicable when you want to: Connect two (2) routers with the capability of sharing the network resources. Use the router as an additional access point on an existing network. Connect the router to a modem/router from your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
From your web browser, type 192.168.1.1 The typical default user id is "admin", the default password is "password", but you may have a blank password as well. Go to Gateway -> Connection -> WiFi and press the EDIT button next to your wireless network.
- To do this, press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds. NOTE: Resetting your router to its default factory settings will also reset your router's password. The router's default password is “admin” as for the username, just leave the field blank. This indicates that the router is being reset properly.
- From your web browser, type 192.168.1.1 The typical default user id is "admin", the default password is "password", but you may have a blank password as well. Go to Gateway -> Connection -> WiFi and press the EDIT button next to your wireless network.
- Your Xfinity Wireless Gateway comes with a default WiFi network name (also known as SSID) and password. If you have never personalized your WiFi network name and password, you can retrieve your default WiFi information on the side or bottom panel of your wireless gateway: Back to Top.
To disable the XFINITY modem/router's DHCP/Router/WiFI settings, plug a computer into port 1 via ethernet cable. Open a web browser and navigate to 10.0.0.1, log in with the username 'admin' and password 'password'. From here you can navigate to the advanced settings.
- Is sharing safe?
- Log into your Comcast account page at customer.comcast.com.
- Click on Users & Preferences.
- Look for a heading on the page for “Service Address.” Below your address, click the link that reads “Manage Xfinity WiFi.”
- Click the button for “Disable Xfinity Wifi Home Hotspot.”
- Click Save.
- Comcast Compatible Modem
- NETGEAR CM400 (8x4) DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Max download speeds of 340Mbps.
- ARRIS SURFboard SB6141 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem - Retail Packaging- White.
- TP-LINK DOCSIS 3.0 (8x4) High Speed Cable Modem (TC-7610-E) - Frustration Free Packaging.
- In order for devices on the network to connect to the Internet, the router must be connected to a modem. Therefore, most routers have a specific Ethernet port that is designed to connect to the Ethernet port of a cable or DSL modem. A modem is a device that provides access to the Internet (see below).
Updated: 20th September 2018