Method 1 Choosing the Right Cleaning Solution
- Start with a mild cleaner like dishwashing liquid.
- Use baking soda to tackle caked-on dirt.
- Remove paint stains with acetone or paint thinner.
- Try phosphoric acid (rust remover) for hard water stains.
- Try wax, silicone, or detergent for fiberglass boat surfaces.
How do you clean a porcelain bathtub?
The ammonia is great for cutting grease and removing soap scum buildup.
- Soak a non-abrasive sponge in the baking soda/ammonia solution.
- Dip the sponge in the solution, scrub and repeat until you're satisfied.
- Rinse well.
- After rinsing, wipe thoroughly with a clean rag or the baking soda will leave a white film behind.
How do you get fiberglass out of your skin?
Video of the Day
- Rinse the exposed skin area, without rubbing, under cold water.
- Soak the affected area in warm water and Epsom salts to open skin pores and draw out fiberglass slivers embedded in your skin.
- Apply a topical steroid cream to the affected skin area.
How do you clean a fiberglass sink?
Scrub the entire inner and outer surface of your fiberglass surface, using your soft cloth or sponge. Scrub firmly to remove water deposits, stains and dirt. Use a second damp cloth to wipe down the sink and remove the baking soda.
How do you clean a fiberglass door?
To clean doors, wash with mild soap and water, rinse with clear water and wipe dry. Keep weather stripping clean of dirt and grit for proper seal. Wash with mild soap and water, rinse with clear water and wipe dry. Apply a light coat of furniture wax and wipe off excess.
How do I clean my glasses?
Before cleaning your eyeglasses, make sure your hands are free from dirt, grime, lotion and anything else that could be transferred to your lenses. Use lotion-free soap or dishwashing liquid and a clean, lint-free towel to clean your hands. 2. Rinse your glasses under a gentle stream of lukewarm tap water.
Can you use rubbing alcohol to clean your glasses?
A simple solution of equal parts rubbing alcohol and water and one drop of dish soap will do the trick. You can even pour the solution into the original spray bottle. Things to keep in mind when cleaning your eyeglasses: Never use saliva to clean your glasses, you're spreading bacteria.
Can I use vinegar and water to clean my glasses?
Soap, warm water and a dry cloth are all you need, once a day, to keep glasses optimally clean and functional. You also shouldn't use anything with ammonia, bleach, vinegar (although it's great for drinking glasses), or window cleaner because those chemicals strip away the coatings on your glasses.
How do you get the cloudy film off glasses?
To remove the buildup caused by calcium and magnesium ions in hard water, start by swabbing the glass with acetone (nail polish remover), and then scrub gently with a mild detergent. Soaking the glasses in plain white distilled vinegar is another effective home remedy.
How do I get hard water stains off my glasses?
Soak the glasses in a vinegar and soapy water solution. Vinegar is acidic and therefore great at breaking down limescale. Mix a solution of warm soapy water, and add two cups of white distilled vinegar. After 15-30 minutes of soaking the glasses in this solution, scrub them with a soft cloth or sponge and rinse.
What removes hard water stains?
You can also try removing hard water stains with a paste made from baking soda and vinegar.
- Smear the paste over the surface of the stain and let sit for 15 minutes.
- After the mixture has settled in scrub clean and rinse with water.
How do you get hard water stains off glass?
Make a paste of baking soda and vinegar.
- Apply the paste to the glass and allow to sit.
- Scrub lightly with a brush, a towel, or a sponge.
- Wash the paste away from the glass with water.
- Clean the glass with water or a traditional glass cleaner, but be sure to dry it thoroughly so that the water spots do not re-form.
What removes water spots?
To remove white rings left by wet glasses on wood furniture, mix equal parts vinegar and olive oil and apply it with a soft cloth while moving with the wood grain. Use another clean, soft cloth to shine it up. To get white water rings off leather furniture, dab them with a sponge soaked in full-strength white vinegar.
How do you remove hard water stains from dishes?
Hard water spots
- To remove hard water spots from dishes and glasses soak them in a solution of water and vinegar for a few hours.
- Squeeze lemon juice on dishes plagued by hard water spots.
- To prevent unsightly hard water stains from forming on your pretty dishes in the future, add some vinegar to each dishwasher cycle.
How do you remove stains from plastic food containers?
Vinegar is also great for removing hard-water stains. Baking Soda: Make a paste with baking soda by adding water. Apply it to the stained areas of your containers, and let it sit for a couple of hours, then clean with a moist cloth or sponge. Wash the containers as normal and let dry.
How do you remove stains from china?
To remove coffee or tea stains from a cup, wet the cup with vinegar. Then dampen a rag with water, dip it in baking soda or salt and swab out the stain. Another treatment to remove tea or coffee stains on china is to apply 20% hydrogen peroxide, wash and rinse. (Regular household hydrogen peroxide is 3% strength.
How do you get coffee stains out of mugs?
Sprinkle a little baking soda onto the bottom of your stained cup or carafe, add just enough water to form a paste, and scrub. The gentle abrasion of the baking soda will get rid of stains in a matter of minutes. Then, simply rinse and wash the way you usually would.
How do you remove stains from porcelain?
8 Tips for Cleaning a Kitchen or Bathroom Sink
- Scrub that dirty sink.
- 2. Make your porcelain sparkle.
- Protect sinks from scratches and stains.
- Use baking soda to clean solid surfacing such as Corian.
- De-stain surfaces with lemon juice.
- Use vinegar on your lime.
- Rid rust with WD-40.
- Keep your drain free of clogs.
How should you clean your drains?
Then, pour a mixture of 1 c. vinegar and 1. c very hot water down on top of the baking soda. Cover with a drain plug (to keep the reaction down below the drain surface) if you have one and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Flush one more time with a pot of boiling water.
How do you clean stained Corian sink?
To remove them, try a scrub powder with oxalic acid, such as Bar Keepers Friend or Zud. If that isn't enough, use bleach in water. In its advice about disinfecting Corian surfaces, DuPont recommends using a solution of half bleach and half water, so even that strong a solution should be okay for removing stains.
Can you use Soft Scrub on Corian countertops?
Cleaning Corian sinks -- use the same procedures as listed above. You can also use Soft Scrub and a green Scotch Brite pad to remove residue. NOTE: Do NOT use Soft Scrub on the countertop surface for everyday cleaning. Corian is heat resistant, but it is NOT safe to place hot pots and pans directly on the surface.