What is the best smelling Christmas tree?
Fraser Fir. Frasers are known as the “cadillac” of Christmas trees. They have the best needle retention and great smell, but are generally priced higher than other species. The branches of Frasers are commonly more “open” and are quite strong, making them a good choice for ornaments.
Trees in pots. Either plant the tree out in the garden after Christmas, or (if you want to bring it indoors again next year) grow it on in a container, moving it into a bigger pot annually until you reach the maximum size that can be moved comfortably (about 45cm (18in) diameter and depth).
- With many stands, there can still be water in the stand even though the base of the tree is no longer submerged in water. Keep trees away from major sources of heat (fireplaces, heaters, heat vents, direct sunlight). After Christmas or if the tree is very dry, remove it from the house.
- A Christmas tree is a decorated tree, usually an evergreen conifer such as spruce, pine, or fir or an artificial tree of similar appearance, associated with the celebration of Christmas.
- In North America, Fraser fir, grown in the Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina, has been called the "Cadillac of Christmas Trees" as well as the "most popular and most valuable of Christmas tree species". In the southern United States, Virginia pine is a popular Christmas tree species.
The Balsam Fir at one time was the most popular tree. It was considered the traditional Christmas tree up to about 20 years ago when other varieties started flooding the market. It is the most fragrant tree you can buy. The branches are strong, which means it also has a great holding capacity for ornaments.
- ANSWER: Mr. Smarty Plants thinks you must mean Norfolk Island pine (Araucaria heterophylla), which as its name suggests is native to Norfolk Island in the Pacific east of Australia. According to the ASPCA list of Plants Toxic to Cats, the Norfolk or Australian Pine IS toxic to cats.
- Nontoxic. The purple waffle plant is not toxic. It is not toxic to dogs or cats. According to the ASPCA, nothing in the plant will harm your pets at all.
- Though the money tree plant isn't toxic for cats, the ASPCA still discourages allowing your cat to chew on it. Ingesting this plant may provoke some irritation in Missy's belly. Any non-toxic plant can cause stomach upset, coughing and choking if ingested, especially if your cat comes back for a regular green treat.
Updated: 26th October 2019