The best USB flash drives of 2018
- Patriot Supersonic Rage 2. High-end USB.
- Kingston Technology DataTraveler 100 Generation 3. Best 64GB USB drive.
- SanDisk Extreme CZ80. Fast, reliable and cheap.
- Verbatim Pinstripe. Best 128GB USB drive.
- PNY Turbo 256GB. Best 256GB USB drive.
- Patriot Supersonic Mega. Best 512GB USB drive.
- Samsung T3 SSD.
- SanDisk Ultra Fit CZ43.
Similarly one may ask, is it jump drive or junk drive?
1. Alternatively referred to as a USB flash drive, data stick, pen drive, memory unit, keychain drive and thumb drive, a jump drive is a portable storage device. It is often the size of a human thumb (hence the name), and it connects to a computer via a USB port.
What is the difference between a hard drive and a flash drive?
A USB flash drive, sometimes called a "keychain drive," also connects to the USB port on your computer. Unlike a USB hard drive, a flash drive is a "solid state" device, meaning it has no moving parts. The data is stored electronically, using millions of small gates that have a value of 1 or 0.