What is the best essential oil for cleaning?
Peppermint mixes especially well with other essential oils popular for cleaning, including lavender, eucalyptus, lemon and rosemary. Made from the Australian Melaleuca tree, tea tree essential oil offers antibacterial, antiseptic and antifungal properties.
Here are my 10 essential oils for cleaning.
- Lemon. Loved for its light, clean scent, this essential oil is also a powerhouse in homemade cleaning recipes.
- Tea Tree (Melaleuca) Is there anything tea tree oil can't do?
- Wild Orange.
- Cinnamon Leaf.
- Peppermint essential oil is a great complement to handmade disinfectants due to its antibacterial properties, not to mention it has a lovely and refreshing scent. It mixes well with other essential oils, for example rosemary, lemon, eucalyptus and lavender.
- The most effective cleaning mixture is 50% white vinegar, 50% water, but you can also add fruit peels, herbs or essential oil to the bottle so your house will smell great, too. A Balanced Blend: Two or three pieces of lemon rind and a few springs of rosemary blend together to create a clean, fresh scent.
- One of my favorite essential oils to use for cleaning is lemon essential oil. Not only does it have a fresh, clean scent, but it is also antiseptic, antifungal, and antiviral. Lemon is an air disinfectant and is invigorating and energizing (which I can always use more of when I'm cleaning!)
These essential oils are all an excellent way to do just that.
- Tea tree essential oil.
- Oregano essential oil.
- Cinnamon essential oil.
- Grapefruit essential oil.
- Clove essential oil.
- Thyme essential oil.
- Lemongrass essential oil.
- Bergamot essential oil.
- Biological activities of lavender essential oil. Author information: Among the claims made for lavender oil are that is it antibacterial, antifungal, carminative (smooth muscle relaxing), sedative, antidepressive and effective for burns and insect bites.
- Best Anti-fungal Essential Oils
- Clove Essential Oil.
- Lemongrass Essential Oil.
- Lavender Essential Oil.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil.
- Cassia Essential Oil.
- Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil.
- Thyme Essential Oil.
- Geranium Essential Oil.
- Here are seven antibacterial essential oils, and how to use them.
- 7 Antibacterial Essential Oils and How to Use Them.
- Tea Tree Oil.
- Grapefruit Essential Oil.
- Oregano Essential Oil.
- Cinnamon Essential Oil.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil.
- Thyme Essential Oil.
Updated: 2nd October 2019