What is the best brownie mix on the market?
Betty Crocker takes the cake — well, brownie — again! Tasters agreed that this mix had the best ratio of chips-to-brownie. They also noted that these brownies had a "very chewy" texture. Volunteers loved the strong chocolate flavor, calling it the "quintessential brownie."
19 Delicious Desserts To Make With A Box Of Brownie Mix
- Cookie Dough Brownie Cookies. Share On facebook Share.
- Mile High Fudge Brownie Pie.
- Bourbon-Spiked Brownie Cake.
- 5-Minute Brownie Waffles.
- Buttery Brownie Batter Frosting.
- 4-Ingredient Chocolate Cool Whip Brownie Cups.
- Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Brownie Bombs.
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake With Brownie Crust.
- For short-term storage, store brownies in an airtight container between layers of wax paper or parchment paper. Before closing it up, place a slice of bread on top. The moisture from the bread will keep the brownies soft for a few extra days. When you notice the bread starting to go stale, just replace it!
- Their shelf life really depends on whether they've been cut. Store cut brownie squares in an airtight container at room temperature; they're best eaten within 1 to 2 days. A whole pan's worth, uncut and well wrapped in plastic, will keep at room temperature for up to 4 days, or in the freezer up to 3 months.
- Cut brownies will last 3-4 days in the fridge assuming you cover them tightly with foil, plastic wrap or in a bag. If you want to keep them for longer, you should thinking about the freezer. Brownies don't belong in the fridge, but they do freeze beautifully.
Replacing the water with milk will make your cake instantly taste homemade, while using buttermilk will make it taste rich and creamy. Just replace the water with the same amount of milk, or a little bit more buttermilk (because buttermilk is so viscous, you need to add more liquid than the recipe calls for).
- Milk's most important role in baking a perfect cake is the part it plays in making the batter wet enough for the chemical reactions to take place. In a pinch, if milk is not available, water may be substituted. To replace 1 cup of whole milk in a cake recipe, you can use 1 cup of water and 1 ½ tsp. butter.
- For rich and creamy results: Substitute an equal amount of Carnation Evaporated Milk for the regular milk called for in your recipe. For equal richness and creaminess to milk: Substitute half Carnation Evaporated Milk and half water to replace the milk called for in your recipe.
- Can I use butter instead of vegetable oil when baking brownies from a mix? You can absolutely substitute butter for the vegetable oil. Use the same quantity specified in the directions (for example, if it calls for 1/3 cup of oil, use 5 1/3 tablespoons of butter). Melt it down, then let it cool a bit.
For 16 Brownies, you will need:
- 1 pouch of Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix - Available at Costco or any other grocery store.
- 11" by 7" pan.
- 1/3 Cup Water.
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil.
- 1 Egg.
- Properly prepared brownie batter has a smooth, thick consistency. If the batter is thin or watery, you've added too much water. Homemade brownies usually don't contain water, relying on eggs and oil or butter for moisture.
- Brownie recipes generally do not contain milk because brownies are inherently non-fluffy. The original concept was pretty much a chocolate cookie. The only liquid was fat and egg. Nowdays I'm sure plenty of recipes have milk in the brownie, but that was not the original intent.
- Brownies should rise slightly. This all depends on your recipe. Eggs will create the rise if raising agents arent used. This is a light, less dense version that uses whipped eggs and a touch of baking powder.
Updated: 4th November 2019