What is the best alcohol to drink when on a diet?
Healthy Diet With Alcohol: 5 Best Low-Carb Drinks To Prevent Weight Gain
- Vodka and Soda. The popular bar staple — vodka soda — is practically zero-carb since it's a clear spirit.
- Rum and Diet Coke.
- Vodka Martini.
- Red Wine.
- Light Beer.
3. Stick with white. In general, white wines tend to be lower in alcohol and calories than reds. "While light whites have around 140 calories or less per six-ounce glass, a light red has between 135 to 165 calories, while a higher-alcohol red like pinot noir or syrah can have up to 200 in a glass," Puckette says.
- A small (125ml) glass of dry white wine will have around 85 calories; medium dry will have around 95, and sweet about 120. A large (175ml) glass of red wine will also have 120 calories, while my other favourite drink, a pint of Guinness, has around 170.
- Very Dry Whites
- Sauvignon Blanc. This is one of the driest, crispest wines.
- Albariño. This dry Spanish white has bright acid and flavors of citrus.
- Chardonnay. The Burgundy region of France is well known for its excellent Chardonnay wines.
- Pinot Blanc.
- Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris.
- Grüner Veltliner.
- Dear Dr. Vinny, I overheard a bartender at a local winery state that "Merlot is the driest red wine." By no means am I an expert, but my experience is that Cabernet Sauvignon is almost universally drier. Like a fool, I challenged the young man, but he held his stance.
The calories in a 5-oz. glass of pinot grigio consist of about 120 calories, with around 11% of the calories from carbohydrates. There is no fat. The sugars in the wine contain three grams of carbohydrates, or 1 percent of the recommended daily value.
- The calories in a 5-oz. glass of pinot grigio consist of about 120 calories, with around 11% of the calories from carbohydrates. There is no fat. The sugars in the wine contain three grams of carbohydrates, or 1 percent of the recommended daily value.
- The standard serving of white zinfandel is 4.1 oz. Each glass of has 113 calories, according to Calorie King.
- Carbs in White Wine
Wine Number of Ounces Number of Carbs Sauvignon Blanc 5 ounces 3.01 grams Champagne 4 - 5 ounces 1 gram Riesling 5 ounces 5.54 grams Pinot Grigio 5 ounces 3.03 grams
According to fatsecret.com, There are 75 calories in a 1.5 fl oz serving of Skinnygirl Vodka (the Skinnygirl site says 75.6 calories) Most vodka? Commonly, 1 serving (1 jigger) of vodka equals 1.5 fluid ounces of 90 proof alcohol and this has about 100 calories.
- This is quite helpful in keeping those girls skinny. The second factor is the alcohol count. These Margaritas are 12.7% alcohol by volume which works out to about 25 proof which is pretty much the alcohol content of wine. On the other hand your average Tequila is 40% alcohol by volume which makes it 80 proof.
- There are 69 calories in a 1 fl oz serving of Absolut Vodka. Calorie breakdown: 0% fat, 0% carbs, 0% protein.
- Kirkland Vodka - Vodka
Calories 64 Sodium Total Fat 0 g Potassium Saturated 0 g Total Carbs Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars
Updated: 4th October 2019