What is the average weight for a man 6 feet tall?
Weight, Obesity, and BMI
|Height||Normal Weight Range||Obese|
|5 ft, 10 inches||128.9 – 173.8 lbs||208.7 or more|
|5 ft, 11 inches||132.6 – 178.9 lbs||214.7 or more|
|6 ft, 0 inches||136.4 – 183.9 lbs||220.8 or more|
|6 ft, 1 inches||140.2 – 189.1 lbs||227.0 or more|
Ideal Weight Chart
|5' 10"||149 - 183 lbs.||135 - 165 lbs.|
|5' 11"||155 - 189 lbs.||140 - 171 lbs.|
|6' 0"||160 - 196 lbs.||144 - 176 lbs.|
|6' 1"||166 - 202 lbs.||149 - 182 lbs.|
- The average American height for men is 177 cm or 69.7 inches, which is approximately 5 foot 10 inches tall. (for white males*). A height chart for men of “White” race/ethnicity*, showing average height changes with age. (hint: 5 feet tall is 60 inches or 152 centimeters. 6 feet tall is 72 inches or 183 centimeters.)
- The average height -- 50th percentile -- for a 12-year-old girl is 59 inches and the average weight is 93 pounds, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention growth charts. At this age, boy are very similar and have an average height of 58 inches and weight of 90 pounds.
- Obesity is a condition where a person has accumulated so much body fat that it might have a negative effect on their health. If a person's bodyweight is at least 20% higher than it should be, he or she is considered obese. If your Body Mass Index (BMI) is between 25 and 29.9 you are considered overweight.
Weight and height guide chart
|5ft 11" (71")||136 to 172 lbs.||179 to 208 lbs.|
|6ft (72")||140 to 177 lbs.||184 to 213 lbs.|
|6ft 1" (73")||144 to 182 lbs.||189 to 219 lbs.|
|6ft 2" (74")||148 to 186 lbs.||194 to 225 lbs.|
- According to this research paper, men who are between 20-40 years old with under 8% body fat are considered “underfat”, whereas a “healthy” range is described as between 8-19%. For women in this same age group, any level under 21% is “underfat” and 21-33% is considered “healthy”.
- The average 11-year-old boy would be around 55 inches tall and weigh around 80 pounds. When your doctor shows you how you plot on the growth chart, you'll notice that you are quite a bit below the average in height and quite a bit above the average in weight.
- But in recent years, more researchers argue that it's not the most accurate way to measure body weight. For years, scientists have said that BMI can't distinguish between fat and muscle, which tends to be heavier and can tip more toned individuals into overweight status, even if their fat levels are low.
The most recent results show that the average American man claims to weigh 191 pounds, while the average American woman claims a weight of 159 pounds. Gallup has been systematically asking this self-reported weight question every November for the past seven years.
- The most recent results show that the average American man claims to weigh 191 pounds, while the average American woman claims a weight of 159 pounds.
- Let's start with all us hefty Americans. According to the CDC, the average human weighs around 181 pounds. On an average workday, about 3.9 million people inhabit Manhattan.
- about 3 pounds
Updated: 4th October 2019