What is the average height of a 12 year old male?
It's 58 inches, which is 4 foot 10 inches. What is the average height for a boy age 12 years? It's 60.5 inches, which is 5 foot zero and a half.
|4 year old||4' 6 inches (1.37 m)||9 (Peter Dinklage)|
|5 year old||4' 10 inches (1.47 m)||9 (Danny DeVito)|
|6 year old||5' 1 inches (1.55 m)||11 (Prince Rogers Nelson)|
|7 year old||5' 3 inches (1.60 m)||12 (Muggsy Bogues)|
- Changes in Boys. Boys tend to show the first physical changes of puberty between the ages of 10 and 16. The growth spurt of boys is, on average, about 2 years later than that of girls. By age 16, most boys have stopped growing, but their muscles will continue to develop.
- Feet usually stop growing a few years after puberty. In girls, the “normal” age for feet to stop growing is around 14 years, while in boys, it's around 16. However the final closure of growth plates in the feet occurs between 18 and 20 years of age.
- Size six is the new four (for women), and size 10 the new eight (for men). Our feet are getting bigger, increasing by an average of two sizes over the past four decades, according to the College of Podiatry. Once, a size 14 shoe marked a man out as a giant.
The average 11-year-old boy would be around 55 inches tall and weigh around 80 pounds. When your doctor shows you how you plot on the growth chart, you'll notice that you are quite a bit below the average in height and quite a bit above the average in weight.
- Height Spurt. The average 13-year-old girl was 62.6 inches or almost 5 feet 3 inches in 2002, according to the CDC's "Mean Body Weight, Height, and Body Mass Index" report. The average 14-year-old girl was 63.7 inches or almost 5 feet 4 inches.
- The average height for 14-year-old boys in the U.S. is 64.5 inches or 5 feet 4½ inches (164 cm.) For 14-year-old girls in the U.S. the average height is 62.5 inches or 5 feet 2½ inches (158.75 cm.)
- The average height for a 10-year-old boy is 54.5 inches.
At 10 years old, boys are 55 inches tall and weigh 68 pounds, on average. By age 12, those figures raise to 58.5 inches and 90 pounds. At age 14, boys are on average 64 inches tall and weigh 112 pounds.
- In the first month, the typical newborn gains about0.7 oz (20 g) a day, or about 4 oz (110 g) to8 oz (226.8 g) a week. The average length of full-term babies at birth is20 in. (50 cm), although the normal range is 18 in. (45.7 cm) to22 in.
- At these ages, with social, school, and family activities, bedtimes gradually become later and later, with most 12-years-olds going to bed at about 9 p.m. There is still a wide range of bedtimes, from 7:30 to 10 p.m., as well as total sleep times, from 9 to 12 hours, although the average is only about 9 hours.
- For about a decade, the paediatric sleep community has recommended that children three to five years old need 11 to 13 hours, children five to 10 years old need 10 to 11 hours, and adolescents 10 to 17 years need eight-and-a-half to nine-and-a-half hours of sleep each night.
Updated: 3rd October 2019