What is the area code of United Kingdom?
Montserrat recently introduced postal codes, and a system has been under consideration in Gibraltar, and the code GX11 1AA has been introduced as the generic postcode for the territory. Postcodes are not used in the Turks and Caicos Islands and the TKCA 1ZZ designation is generally unknown.
- ZIP Codes are a system of postal codes used by the United States Postal Service (USPS) since 1963. The term ZIP is an acronym for Zone Improvement Plan; it was chosen to suggest that the mail travels more efficiently and quickly (zipping along) when senders use the code in the postal address.
- The total number of digits is ten, but in a very few areas the total may be nine digits (after the initial zero). The "area code" is also referred to as an "STD (code)" (subscriber trunk dialling) or a "dialling code" in the UK.
- A postal order is a financial instrument usually intended for sending money through the mail. It is purchased at a post office and is payable at another post office to the named recipient. A small fee for the service, known as poundage, is paid by the purchaser.
|BBND 1ZZ||British Indian Ocean Territory|
|BIQQ 1ZZ||British Antarctic Territory|
|FIQQ 1ZZ||Falkland Islands|
- Generally speaking, you can mail 4-5 pages of regular paper, plus an envelope, for the regular first class (“one stamp”) rate. Heavier paper, rigid or oversized envelopes will cost more. You can get about 10 pages of standard page weight, plus an envelope, for the two ounce rate.
- Cost of USPS Forever stamps to go up Sunday. It might be called a Forever stamp, but its price is anything but. The cost of mailing a one-ounce first-class letter will jump from 47 cents to 49 cents on Sunday.
- Maximum weight for First-Class Mail letters is 3.5 oz; for large First-Class Mail envelopes and parcels the maximum weight is 13 oz. All postcards and envelopes (or flats) must be rectangular, otherwise an additional charge may apply. Additional size restrictions apply depending on the type of mailpiece you're sending.
PO the area. There are 124 postcode areas in the UK 1 the district. There are approximately 20 Postcode districts in an area 3 the sector. There are approximately 3000 addresses in a sector.
- There are approximately 1.7 million postcodes in the United Kingdom (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man). Each postcode is divided by a space into two parts. As mentioned above, the first part is known as a postcode district.
- If prompted for your ZIP code, just enter the three digits of your postal code plus two zeros. So for example, if your postal code is A2B 3C4, the 5 digit number you should enter is 23400. Contact you card issuer if you have any questions.
- Statistics as at February 2012.
The TN postcode area, also known as the Tunbridge Wells postcode area, is a group of 40 postcode districts in England, which are subdivisions of 24 post towns.
Updated: 2nd October 2019