The telephone area code for most of Greater London and some surrounding areas is 020, not "0207", "0208" or "0203".
Regarding this, what is the zip code in London England?
|Land Area:||209.6 square miles 542.9 square kilometers|
|Water Area:||.1 square miles .4 square kilometers|
|Post Office Name:||London|
What is the zip code for England?
|Post Office Name:||England|
|Airport||IATA||Distance to London|
|London City||LCY||14 km / 9 mi|
|Heathrow||LHR||26 km / 16 mi|
|Gatwick||LGW||45 km / 28 mi|
|Luton||LTN||55 km / 34 mi|
No, most telephone companies own and use blocks of numbers starting 020 8. The area code for London is just 020; the following digits are all part of the eight-digit local number. When displaying London phone numbers, the correct format is 020 xxxx xxxx – with the first space placed immediately after the 020 area code.
To call England from the US, just follow these dialing instructions:
- First dial 011, the US exit code.
- Next dial 44, the England/UK country code.
- Then dial the 2–5 digit area code plus the local number for a total of 10 digits.
To call the UK from the US, just follow these simple dialing directions:
- First dial 011, the U.S. exit code.
- Next dial 44, the country code for the U.K.
- Then the area code (2–5 digits).
- And finally the phone number (4–8 digits; area code plus phone number equals 10 digits).
TO CALL WITHIN LONDON - Dial 8 digit local number, ex. 12345678. TO CALL OUTSIDE OF LONDON WITHIN THE UK - Area code (including the leading zero of the area code) + local number, ex. 020 1234 5678 or 0121 123 4567.
Method 2 Calling the U.S. from a Traditional Phone
- Dial “00” on the phone first. Dial the UK's international calling code into your phone, which is 00.
- Dial “1” for the country code. After you dial 00, press 1 on your phone's keypad.
- Dial the area code of the U.S. region.
- Dial the remaining seven digits.
The first part of a UK telephone number, which is specific to one geographic area, may be referred to as the 'dialling code' or 'area code'. The code is three to six digits long and always starts with ' 01' or ' 02', for example 020 is the code for London, 0118 is for Reading, 01332 is Derby, and 017687 is Keswick.
1994-5 - Phoneday telephone numbering overhaul. Area codes throughout the UK were changed in a "Phoneday" conversion programme. The digit 1 was incorporated into most area codes so that London's 071 code became 0171 (domestically), or changed from +44 71 to +44 171 (as dialed from other countries).
00 is the international prefix used to dial somewhere outside of United Kingdom. 61 is the international code used to dial to Australia. 0292829748 is the local number you wrote. The national prefix was removed from the number.
020 is the national dialling code for London in the United Kingdom. The area it serves, which includes most of Greater London and some adjacent areas, was first allocated the STD code 01 in 1959.
Whether dialing from a mobile phone or landline, this is how to call the US or Canada from Europe:
- Dial 00, Europe's international access code, or enter + from any mobile phone.
- Dial 1, the country code for the US and Canada.
- Dial the phone number, including area code.
Telephone numbers in the United Kingdom
|Country calling code||+44|
|International call prefix||00|
|List of United Kingdom dialing codes|
To call a United Kingdom landline or mobile phone from the USA, dial 011 44, then the UK number without its leading zero. For example, the UK number 01632 234567 should be dialled as 011 44 1632 234567.
An example of a UK mobile phone number: 07712345678 or for International use: +447712345678. The error message suggests formatting it as 99 9999 9999, and says that the leading 0 is optional. I can't get this to validate even by entering it as 77 1234 5678.
How to call London from the USA:
- Start with 011 — the exit code for the US and Canada.
- Next, enter 44 — the country code for the UK.
- Then, dial 20 — the London area code (landlines only*).
- Last, enter the local 8-digit London phone number.
0117 area code information
|Call costs:||Normal landline rate|
|Area code required for local calls:||No|
|Local number length:||7 digits|
|Post Office Name:||England|