What is sync on a mobile phone?
When you sync a device, such as a cell phone, PDA, or iPod, you synchronize it with data on your computer. This is typically done by connecting the device to your computer via a USB or wireless Bluetooth connection.
Google account sync was a bidirectional service. Changes made on one device would be backed up to the user's Google account. All other Google data on devices sharing that same Google account would be automatically synchronized as well. In case the user's mobile is lost, The data is still securely stored.
- Sync Gmail: When this setting is on, you'll get notifications and new emails automatically. When this setting is off, you have to pull down from the top of your inbox to refresh. Days of mail to sync: Choose the number of days of mail that you want to automatically sync and store on your device.
- Make sure your device's sync is on
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Settings app .
- Tap Accounts.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More .
- Make sure the box next to "Auto-sync data" is checked.
- Switch Access lets you interact with your Android device using one or more switches instead of the touch screen. Switch Access can be helpful for people with dexterity impairments that prevent them from interacting directly with the Android device.
Here is how to turn it off:
- On the main Android home screen, hit the "Menu" key.
- Open "Settings".
- Select "Accounts", "Accounts & Sync", or "Data Synchronization"
- Select the Google account. This is usually designated with the Google "G" logo.
- Uncheck Sync Contacts and Sync Calendar.
- Change Syncing Options
- From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings.
- Touch Accounts.
- Touch an account you want to change the syncing options.
- Touch the account you want to adjust.
- To disable sync, touch the On slider next to the data you want to unsync.
- How to sync my Android device. Your data should automatically sync to your Android device, but you can also launch the sync manually. If you want to sync your account manually yourself, go to the Settings menu. Here you need to tap on Synchronize Dashlane now, and you will see a loading circle at the top of the screen.
- The steps to “unsync” changes from your phone back up to Google are:
- Open the “Contacts” app (this is in Lollypop – earlier versions have different paths, like going via “Settings”).
- Click on the menu option in the top right.
- Choose “Accounts”.
- Choose “Google”.
- Choose the account you want to unsync.
It looks like Google is getting ready to roll out an Android update that will allows users to synchronize app data across multiple devices. In other words, if you have the same game installed on your phone and tablet, you'll be able to start a game on one device and pick up exactly where you left off on the other.
- On the main Android home screen, hit the "Menu" key. Open "Settings". Select "Accounts", "Accounts & Sync", or "Data Synchronization" Select the Google account.
- The syncing part of Android is also simplistic in a way too Just add the account, turn on Auto Sync, and your done. The "Auto Sync" feature can be changed from Settings > Accounts and Sync That setting basically means that it will sync your device with the service's servers.
- Ford SYNC is an "in-vehicle infotainment" system available on newer Ford vehicles that provides drivers with touchscreen input and voice-activated controls for hands-free operation of the car's media components as well as mobile smartphones via Bluetooth technology or a USB cable.
Updated: 17th October 2019