What is ROP Stage 2?
The first stage of ROP is a demarcation line that separates normal from premature retina. Stage 2 is a ridge which had height and width. Stage 3 is growth of fragile new abnormal blood vessels.
With cryotherapy, physicians use an instrument that generates freezing temperatures to briefly touch spots on the surface of the eye that overlie the periphery of the retina. Both laser treatment and cryotherapy destroy the peripheral areas of the retina, slowing or reversing the abnormal growth of blood vessels.
- Placement of an advertisement in a newspaper or magazine left to the discretion of the publisher. Its placement in a particular location or a specific page usually requires payment of a premium. In broadcast media, it is called run of schedule.
- Regional Occupational Program
- These vascular changes are described as plus disease and are defined as abnormal dilation and tortousity of the blood vessels during ROP that may go on to total retinal detachment.
Not all babies respond to treatment, though, and if the ROP continues to worsen it can cause such complications as:
- scarring and/or dragging of the retina.
- retinal detachment.
- bleeding inside the eye (vitreous hemorrhage)
- Optic nerve hypoplasia (ONH) is a medical condition arising from the underdevelopment of the optic nerve(s). This condition is the most common congenital optic nerve anomaly. The optic disc appears abnormally small, because not all the optic nerve axons have developed properly.
- Vision loss from glaucoma occurs when axons in the optic nerve become damaged and can no longer carry visual information to the brain. However, these treatments can only preserve remaining vision; they don't improve or restore vision that already has been lost due to glaucoma.
- While the mainstay of glaucoma therapy remains lowering intraocular pressure (IOP) with medication, laser treatment or surgery, there is some evidence that a regular aerobic program can help support your medical therapy. There are also some types of exercise to avoid as they may have a negative impact on IOP.
List of medical abbreviations: R
|ROM||range of motion rupture of membranes|
|ROP||right occipital posterior (see childbirth) retinopathy of prematurity|
|ROS||review of systems|
|ROSC||return of spontaneous circulation|
- : an ocular disorder of premature infants that occurs when the incompletely vascularized retina of such an infant completes an abnormal pattern of vascularization and that is characterized by the presence of an opaque fibrous membrane behind the lens of each eye —abbreviation ROP — called also retrolental fibroplasia.
- In the drilling industry, the rate of penetration (ROP), also known as penetration rate or drill rate, is the speed at which a drill bit breaks the rock under it to deepen the borehole. It is normally measured in feet per minute or meters per hour, but sometimes it is expressed in minutes per foot.
- Run of paper
Updated: 2nd October 2019