What is red concealer used for?
If you're looking to conceal yellow spots, a spot concealer is best. This particular concealer color is a mixture of red, orange, and yellow hues, which are across from the blue, purple, and green hues on the color wheel. That's why this color is best to combat dark under eye circles.
If your circles are more blue-tinged, use a yellow based concealer one shade lighter than your skin tone. This color masks the blue discoloration and brightens the skin. If you have more brown colored circles, then use a peach or orange based concealer- 80% of all women fall under this category.
- "Good Housekeeping" recommends mint green to cover red areas, yellow or orange for dark spots, and lilac or pale green for a yellowish tint. You may need more than one color to cover the area adequately. For example, use a red-based concealer to cover a dark brown spot and a yellow product to neutralize the red.
- Use a pale green around the nostrils and chin to nix redness — try Color Correcting Fluid in "Green," URBAN DECAY, $28 — and a lilac color corrector on cheeks to neutralize any yellow tones, like CC Primer in "Purple", LANCÔME, $40.
- Green cancels the red in pimples, but yellow, brown, or dark brown concealer can also cover up pimples, and you can use the concealer skin problems other than acne, such as circles under the eyes. A light touch is essential in applying concealer.
Like green concealer, pink works to neutralize the dark blue or purplish areas on your face. If you've got serious under eye circles or dark spots, pink concealer will help to cover up those areas.
- Blue is the opposite of orange on the color wheel and as such, it can counteract and neutralize orange tones in the skin caused by self-tanners. And it goes without saying that if you spent too much time in the sun and got a bad tan, you can still use blue concealer to reduce its appearance.
- Use a yellow tone from Avon's Colour Corrector Palette on paler skin tones and the orange shade works well on more olive toned skins. Apply the corrector before your base, then apply foundation, and if you need more help go in on top with a light-reflecting concealer."
- If your circles are more blue-tinged, use a yellow based concealer one shade lighter than your skin tone. This color masks the blue discoloration and brightens the skin. If you have more brown colored circles, then use a peach or orange based concealer- 80% of all women fall under this category.
Lavender concealer: Used to normalize yellow-colored skin imperfections such as sallow complexions and yellow bruises. It can also help conceal very dark under-eye circles and dark spots on bronze skin tones. You need to understand which color concealer will neutralize the flaw.
- When it comes to makeup shades, pink is one of the most flattering hues on the eyes, cheeks, and lips. As a complexion corrector: Pink-hued concealers, correctors, and primers help to soften unwanted olive tones. Under the eyes: The opposite of pink is a bluish-green on the color wheel.
- Colored concealers neutralize the bruise or discoloration, creating a seemingly even skin tone. Green-tinted concealer is best used on reddish bruises. Yellow tinted concealer is used with purple or bluish bruises, while a lavender tint is used with yellow or brown bruises.
- Sallow skin often makes an individual look older than they are, often times making a person look sickly. Sallow skin is characterised by yellowing or pale tinted skin. The individual that is suffering from sallow skin will often have skin that is tired looking, and may look haggard.
Updated: 26th October 2019