What is octroi receipt?
The state government levies the octroi charges when any product for consumption purpose enters the state. These charges are applicable in Maharashtra and Gujarat and the charges can fluctuate as per the Government regulations. The octroi charge is payable by the recipient at the time of delivery.
The state government levies the octroi charges when the product enters the state. These charges are applicable in Maharashtra and Gujarat and the charges fluctuate as per the Government regulations and we are unable to confirm the amount. The octroi charges vary from 3% to 6% of the product value.
- Purchase Tax was a tax on 'luxury' goods sold in the UK from 1940 until 1973. On 21 October 1940, during World War II, Purchase Tax was introduced at a rate of 33?1⁄3% as a tax on sales of "luxury" goods in order to reduce the deemed wastage of raw materials.
- In principle, VAT applies to all provisions of goods and services. VAT is assessed and collected on the value of goods or services that have been provided every time there is a transaction (sale/purchase). The seller charges VAT to the buyer, and the seller pays this VAT to the government.
- VAT Rates and Minimum Purchases Required to Qualify for Refunds
Country of Purchase VAT Standard Rate* Minimum in Local Currency Hungary 27% 54,001 HUF Ireland 23% €30 Italy 22% €155 Latvia 21% €44
Entry tax and octroi both are indirect tax. Power to levy entry tax is with states whereas power to levy octroi is with local municipalities. Two different municipalities of the same state can levy octroi but entry tax is levied only once when goods are entered from one state to other ….
- Equity Intraday Brokerage & Taxes with Zerodha (BSE, NSE)
Charges / Fees / Taxes Example 1 Turnover - Sell 1150.0000 Brokerage 0.01% or Rs 20/Trade whichever is lower 0.2150 Securities Transaction Tax (STT) 0.025% on the Sell Side 0.2875 Transaction / Turnover Charges (BSE, NSE) 0.00325% (or 325/crore) 0.0699
- Horizontal equity is an economic theory that states that individuals with similar income and assets should pay the same amount in taxes. Horizontal equity should apply to individuals considered equal regardless of the tax system in place.
- A dispute resolution concept which provides an employee a fair process in resolving disputes. The concept requires transparency, equal communication and fairness in allocation of resources used to resolve the dispute. Also called procedural justice.
Octroi is currently levied in six states, namely. Gujarat. Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Maharashtra. Punjab, and Rajasthan, while entry tax prevails in two of the non-octroi states, namely, Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh.
- Israel spent around $23 billion on its armed forces in 2014 and SIPRI estimated that this amounted to 5.2 percent of its GDP. Russia has embarked on a huge military spending binge which was estimated to have reached 4.5 percent of its GDP in 2014.
- The Ministry of Defence's budget for 2016/17 is a planned £35 billion, increasing every year to 2020/21 when it is estimated to be almost £40 billion. The annual operating costs of Trident are expected to be around 5% to 6% of this every year, or around £2 billion.
- Mexican Army. The Mexican Army (Spanish: Ejército Mexicano) is the combined land and air branch and is the largest of the Mexican Armed Forces; it is also known as the National Defense Army.
Updated: 2nd October 2019