What is native method stack in Java?
It is as if the Java virtual machine implementation is just calling another (dynamically linked) method within itself, at the behest of the running Java program. If an implementation's native method interface uses a C-linkage model, then the native method stacks are C stacks.
The native keyword is applied to a method to indicate that the method is implemented in native code using JNI (Java Native Interface). It marks a method, that it will be implemented in other languages, not in Java. It works together with JNI (Java Native Interface).
- Instead of using the synchronized variable in Java, you can use the java volatile variable, which will instruct JVM threads to read the value of volatile variable from main memory and don't cache it locally. If a variable is not shared between multiple threads then there is no need to use volatile keyword.
- Declaring a volatile Java variable means: The value of this variable will never be cached thread-locally: all reads and writes will go straight to "main memory"; Access to the variable acts as though it is enclosed in a synchronized block, synchronized on itself.
- strictfp is a keyword in the Java programming language that restricts floating-point calculations to ensure portability. The strictfp command was introduced into Java with the Java virtual machine (JVM) version 1.2 and is available for use on all currently updated Java VMs.
The Java native method is a great way to gain and merge the power of C or C++ programming into Java. To use Java as a scientific and high performance language, when efficient native Java compilers are not fully implemented, use native method can boost the performance to at least the speed of C compiled code.
- A race condition is an undesirable situation that occurs when a device or system attempts to perform two or more operations at the same time, but because of the nature of the device or system, the operations must be done in the proper sequence to be done correctly.
- Starvation is the name given to the indefinite postponement of a process because it requires some resource before it can run, but the resource, though available for allocation, is never allocated to this process.
- Going without water may take up to a week to 10 days to reach death. However, in extremely hot dry areas this may occur far faster. It is estimated that most people can survive starvation much longer Depending on their fat accumulation and how well hydrated they are, about 30-40 days on average.
The Native API is a lightweight application programming interface (API) used by Windows NT and user mode applications. This API is used in the early stages of Windows NT startup process, when other components and APIs are still unavailable.
- The java.util.concurrent.ExecutorService interface represents an asynchronous execution mechanism which is capable of executing tasks in the background. In fact, the implementation of ExecutorService present in the java.util.concurrent package is a thread pool implementation.
- The java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor is an implementation of the ExecutorService interface. The ThreadPoolExecutor executes the given task ( Callable or Runnable ) using one of its internally pooled threads. The thread pool contained inside the ThreadPoolExecutor can contain a varying amount of threads.
- In computer programming, source data or data source is the primary location from where data comes. The data source can be a database, a dataset, a spreadsheet or even hard-coded data. Computer applications can have multiple data sources defined, depending on its function.
Updated: 2nd October 2019