What is Los Angeles famous for?
16 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Los Angeles
- 1 Universal Studios Hollywood. Universal Studios Hollywood.
- 2 Griffith Park and Griffith Observatory. Griffith Park and Griffith Observatory.
- 3 Disneyland Resort. Carousel.
- 4 Hollywood. Hollywood.
- 5 The Getty Center. The Getty Center Ed Bierman / photo modified.
- 6 Santa Monica.
- 7 Natural History Museum.
- 8 California Science Center.
Yes, the French “à la” means “in the style of”. It is a shortening of “à la manière de” (“in the manner/style of”). It's widely used in French, and some examples in particular are: in cooking: “à la diable” (with spicy sauce), “à la norvégienne” (Norway-style),
- Ala, Gotland, a settlement on the Swedish island of Gotland.
Ala, alternate name of Alad, a village in Khuzestan Province, Iran.
Ala, Trentino, Italy, a comune.
Alà dei Sardi (in Sardinian: Alà), Italy, a comune.
Acronym Definition LA Los Angeles LA Louisiana (US postal abbreviation) LA Love Always LA Latin America
- As French makes a distinction between "masculine and feminine objects", people use le for masculine things/persons and la for feminine things/persons. However, in the plural, only les is used whatever the gender is. When the following noun begins with a vowel, le or la becomes l'.
Regarding safety, LA is at both extremes : while most of the touristic neighborhoods such as Hollywood, Beverly Hills or Santa Monica are safe, L.A. has some very dangerous areas downtown (Skid Row) and nearby (South Central), as well as some cities famous for gang related violence (Compton – the 4th most dangerous
- Inglewood, is actually safe, and not as dangerous as commonly believed. Contrary to misconceptions, Inglewood, although has a higher murder rate than the US national average, is the least likely crime to happen, and this murder average is only just because of its size and population (which is small).
- Both are pretty darn safe, as long as you're using common sense that you would apply in any big city. But as LA neighborhoods go, both West Hollywood and Santa Monica are pretty well off and safe. If Beverly Hills is a 10, and Skid Row is a 1, these two are probably 8s.
- West Hollywood  is a city located on the West Side of Los Angeles County. West Hollywood is home to the famous Sunset Strip, with its nightlife and its rock-music history, and to the largest gay nightlife district in the Los Angeles area.
The name Los Angeles comes from the Spanish language, and it means "The Angels". The name is an abbreviation from the original name of the place. The original name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula" (in English, "town of our lady the Queen of Angels of the River Porciúncula").
- On September 4, 1781, a group of forty-four settlers known as "Los Pobladores" founded the pueblo they called "El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula"; in English, this translates as "The Town of Our Lady the Queen of the Angels of Porciuncula".
- The name Los Angeles comes from the Spanish language, and it means "The Angels". The original name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula" (in English, "town of our lady the Queen of Angels of the River Porciúncula").
- Satellite view showing Atlanta, capital and most populous city of the US State of Georgia south of the Chattahoochee River in the United States. Georgia is situated north of Florida, in the southeastern part of the contiguous United States, with a coastline at the Atlantic Ocean in southeast.
Updated: 21st November 2019