What is JNE in assembly language?
The jnz (or jne) instruction is a conditional jump that follows a test. It jumps to the specified location if the Zero Flag (ZF) is cleared (0). jnz is commonly used to explicitly test for something not being equal to zero whereas jne is commonly found after a cmp instruction.
The jle instruction is a conditional jump that follows a test. It performs a signed comparison jump after a cmp if the destination operand is less than or equal to the source operand.
- Conditional means it may not be followed depending on some condition. Unconditional means that is program flow reaches that point it always will continue at the target. A if and a switch are a conditional jumps. At the end of the then clause of an if is an unconditional jump to after the else clause.
- Definition of: conditional branch. conditional branch. A programming instruction that directs the computer to another part of the program based on the results of a compare. High-level language statements, such as IF THEN ELSE and CASE, are used to express the compare and conditional branch.
- A branch is an instruction in a computer program that can cause a computer to begin executing a different instruction sequence and thus deviate from its default behavior of executing instructions in order.
Conditional Jump Instructions are an important aspect of the decision making process in programming. Whereas Unconditional jump instruction is a branch instruction same as conditional jump instruction and Unconditional Jump Instruction enables the programmer to set up continuous loop.
- vote 3 vote. In assemblers, symbol $ usually means two different things: Prefixing a number, means that this number is written in hexadecimal. By itself, $ is a numeric expression that evaluates as "the current position", that is, the address where the next instruction/data would be assembled.
- A bank branch name is the bank name and the place where the bank is located. For example,say a bank has 2 separate units located at Sligo and Dublin .Then it has two branches, one in Sligo(called Sligo branch) and one in Dublin(called Dublin branch ). It is simply a way to identify different banking offices.
- The jle instruction is a conditional jump that follows a test. It performs a signed comparison jump after a cmp if the destination operand is less than or equal to the source operand.
Updated: 7th December 2019