In computer science and computer programming, a data type or simply type is a classification of data which tells the compiler or interpreter how the programmer intends to use the data. Most programming languages support various types of data, for example: real, integer or Boolean.
Similarly, you may ask, what are the 5 types of data?
PHP supports the following data types:
- Float (floating point numbers - also called double)
What are the five types of data?
There are five basic data types associated with variables:
- int - integer: a whole number.
- float - floating point value: ie a number with a fractional part.
- double - a double-precision floating point value.
- char - a single character.
- void - valueless special purpose type which we will examine closely in later sections.
What is a string data type?
In computer programming, a string is traditionally a sequence of characters, either as a literal constant or as some kind of variable. The latter may allow its elements to be mutated and the length changed, or it may be fixed (after creation).