What is CSS and why is it important?
The Importance of CSS in Web Development. Cascading Style Sheets, commonly known as CSS, is an integral part of the modern web development process. It is a highly effective HTML tool that provides easy control over layout and presentation of website pages by separating content from design.
While HTML focuses on the content and structure of a website, CSS is concerned with elements of presentation such as layout, font and colour. This division of functions between HTML and CSS allows web designers greater control over the web pages.
- Part 2 Learning
- Get started with HTML. HTML is an absolute requirement for any web designer.
- Learn CSS. CSS stands for "Cascading Style Sheet".
- Move on to the more advanced languages.
- This career generally requires a bachelor's degree that is related to computer science, although exceptions may be made for those with the required skills and professional experience. These professionals also must possess an understanding of programming languages, database management and Web design.
- You could take one of the following qualifications, which provide good basic training in web design, interactivity and internet technology:
- Level 2 Award in Creating a Website.
- Level 2 Certificate in Interactive Media.
- Level 2/3 Diploma in Creative iMedia.
- Level 3 Diploma In Information Technology (Specialist)
Updated: 2nd October 2019