What is AVR voltage?
The AC Automatic Voltage Regulator. The automatic voltage regulator (AVR) is a device designed to regulate voltage automatically – that is, to take a fluctuating voltage level and turn it into a constant voltage level. There are many types of automatic voltage regulators.
An Automatic Voltage Regulator is an electronic device or circuit that maintains an output voltage to be consistent to its load current. An AVR is usually necessary for appliances and equipments with electronic devices inside that may be sensitive to electrical surges.
- Short answers: -- Sometimes Atmel says it means nothing in particular. -- Sometimes Atmel has said it means "AdVanced Risc" or "Advanced Virtual Risc" -- AVR = "Alf (Egil Bogen) and Vegard (Wollan) 's Risc processor"
- An uninterruptible power supply, also uninterruptible power source, UPS or battery/flywheel backup, is an electrical apparatus that provides emergency power to a load when the input power source or mains power fails.
- Small engines, used to power lawn mowers, portable generators, and lawn and garden tractors, are equipped with a governor to limit fuel to the engine to a maximum safe speed when unloaded and to maintain a relatively constant speed despite changes in loading.
An automatic voltage regulator (AVR) is a electronic device for automatically maintaining generator output terminal voltage at a set value under varying load and operating temperature. It controls output by sensing the voltage Vout at a power-generating coil and comparing it to a stable reference.
- Brushless Exciters. WEG Electric Machinery's (WEM) brushless excitation system consists of a high frequency AC generator (armature & field) and rotating rectifier bridge. Rotating rectifier redundancy with detection of diode failure which in operation allows for more convenient maintenance intervals.
- The PMG (Permanent Magnet Generator) is a system which is used for secondary exciting. The PMG provides stable and reliable electric energy for AVR regardless the generator's terminal voltage. The generator with PMG excitation system can provide 300 % rated current during short-circuit, which occurs for 5-10 seconds.
- Excitation transformers are use to magnetize generators and synchronous motors. Excitation transformers are a main component of any electrical system and its failure can cause the black out of the system. It is therefore important to make the right selection of transformer.
Updated: 6th October 2019