What is an operative goal?
Operative goals are more concrete, short term; they describe what the organization is actually trying to do. Coomon types of operative goals: overall performance (EX: profitability, growth, amount of services delivered) resource (EX: obtain financing, research grants, hire minorities)
Also known as Tactical Objectives, Operational objectives are short term goals whose attainment brings an organization closer to its strategic or long term goals. They are generally used in the context of Strategic Management and Operational Planning.
- An ODS is certainly not. An operational data store (or "ODS") is a database designed to integrate data from multiple sources for additional operations on the data, for reporting, controls and operational decision support. Unlike a production master data store, the data is not passed back to operational systems.
- Strategic planning is an organizational management activity that is used to set priorities, focus energy and resources, strengthen operations, ensure that employees and other stakeholders are working toward common goals, establish agreement around intended outcomes/results, and assess and adjust the organization's
- Strategic thinking is a process that defines the manner in which people think about, assess, view, and create the future for themselves and others. Strategic thinking is an extremely effective and valuable tool. One can apply strategic thinking to arrive at decisions that can be related to your work or personal life.
There's no question that key performance indicators (KPIs) are needed to help drive operational improvements. KPIs are absolutely essential for organizations to present performance information for all levels of the organization. The key to success is selecting KPIs that will deliver long-term value to the organization.
- A Key Performance Indicator (KPI) is a measurable value that demonstrates how effectively a company is achieving key business objectives. Organizations use KPIs to evaluate their success at reaching targets. Selecting the right KPIs will depend on your industry and which part of the business you are looking to track.
- Key performance indicators (KPIs) in project management consist of various specific measurement tools for indicating how well teams are achieving specific goals. Project management KPIs are generally agreed upon early in the project.
- Most common sales KPIs for sales executives and managers:
- Monthly Sales Target ($) (with goal & percentage for context)
- Cost of sales to revenue ratio.
- Marketing Qualified Lead (MQL) to Sales Qualified Lead(SQL) Conversion Rate.
- Sales Qualified Lead (SQL) to Win Conversion Rate.
- Sales growth vs goal.
The purpose of the Operational Plan is to provide organisation personnel with a clear picture of their tasks and responsibilities in line with the goals and objectives contained within the Strategic Plan. Basically, the Operational Plan is a plan for the implementation of strategies contained within the Strategic Plan.
- An operational plan can be defined as a plan prepared by a component of an organization that clearly defines actions it will take to support the strategic objectives and plans of upper management. However, to fully understand operational plans, we should first look at the overall planning process within a business.
- Tactical planning takes a company's strategic plan and sets forth specific short-term actions and plans, usually by company department or function. The tactical planning horizon is shorter than the strategic plan horizon.
- The financial planning process is a logical, six-step procedure: (1) determining your current financial situation. (2) developing financial goals. (3) identifying alternative courses of action.
Updated: 21st October 2019