What is an input for?
1. Any information or data that is sent to a computer for processing is considered input. Input or user input is sent to a computer using an input device. The picture is an illustration of the difference between input and output. The input example (top) shows data being sent from a keyboard to a computer.
In computing, an input device is a piece of computer hardware equipment used to provide data and control signals to an information processing system such as a computer or information appliance. Examples of input devices include keyboards, mouse, scanners, digital cameras and joysticks.
- An output device is any peripheral that receives data from a computer, usually for display, projection, or physical reproduction. For example, the image shows an inkjet printer, an output device that can make a hard copy of any information shown on your monitor, which is another example of an output device.
- OUTPUT DEVICES:
- Monitor (LED, LCD, CRT etc)
- Printers (all types)
- LCD Projection Panels.
- Computer Output Microfilm (COM)
- Head Phone.
- Processing device examples. Some of the most common processing devices in a computer include the following: Central processing unit (CPU) Graphics processing unit (GPU) Motherboard.
For instance, a keyboard or computer mouse is an input device for a computer, while monitors and printers are output devices. Devices for communication between computers, such as modems and network cards, typically perform both input and output operations.
- A keyboard is an input device that sends information about the keys you press. This is received by the computer and it displays the correct letter or number. A monitor is an output device. It displays all the information that has been sent to it by input devices.
- From a novice stand point) An output interface could be a printer a screen or a speaker. Input/output or I/O (or, informally, io or IO) is the communication between an information processing system, such as a computer, and the outside world, possibly a human or another information processing system.
- In economics, factors of production, resources, or inputs are which is used in the production process to produce output—that is, finished goods and services. The utilized amounts of the various inputs determine the quantity of output according to the relationship is called the production function.
Updated: 28th November 2019