What is an example of a static character?
A static character, in this vocabulary, is one that does not undergo important change in the course of the story, remaining essentially the same at the end as he or she was at the beginning. A dynamic character, in contrast, is one that does undergo an important change in the course of the story.
All characters in a story are either dynamic or static. A static character is one who doesn't undergo any significant change in character, personality or perspective over the course of a story. A dynamic character, in contrast, undergoes a major transition in one or more of these ways.
- He is a curious,round,and dynamic character who wants to read books. In "The Hearth and the Salamander,"Guy Montag uses a Paradox when he talks about his room feeling empty,but not actually being empty. Captain Beatty is a flat and static character. Beatty is Montag's boss.
- Flat characters are two-dimensional in that they are relatively uncomplicated and do not change throughout the course of a work. By contrast, round characters are complex and undergo development, sometimes sufficiently to surprise the reader.
- Static electricity is an imbalance of electric charges within or on the surface of a material. The charge remains until it is able to move away by means of an electric current or electrical discharge.
In computer terminology, dynamic usually means capable of action and/or change, while static means fixed. Both terms can be applied to a number of different types of things, such as programming languages (or components of programming languages), Web pages, and application programs.
- Also referred to as "dynamic" or "adaptive" content, smart content is a term for the aspects of a website, ad, or email body that change based on the interests or past behavior of the viewer. It creates an experience that's customized specifically for the visitor or reader at that moment.
- Static routing is when you statically configure a router to send traffic for particular destinations in preconfigured directions. Dynamic routing is when you use a routing protocol such as OSPF, ISIS, EIGRP, and/or BGP to figure out what paths traffic should take.
- Total pressure is what acts on you as you face into the wind and the air collides with your body. Dynamic pressure is the pressure of a fluid that results from its motion. It is the difference between the total pressure and static pressure.
Updated: 4th December 2019