What is AMOX CLAV 875 mg used for?
Augmentin (amoxicillin/clavulanate) is a combination antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections including sinusitis, pneumonia, ear infections, bronchitis, urinary tract infections, and infections of the skin. Common side effects of Augmentin include: Nausea. Vomiting.
BRAND NAME(S): Amoxil. USES: Amoxicillin is a penicillin-type antibiotic used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria.This antibiotic treats only bacterial infections. It will not work for viral infections (e.g., common cold, flu).
- Less serious side effects may include:
- mild diarrhea, gas, stomach pain;
- nausea or vomiting;
- skin rash or itching;
- white patches in your mouth or throat; or.
- vaginal yeast infection (itching or discharge).
- The usual dose of amoxicillin in dogs and cats is 5-10 mg/lb every 12-24 hours. Contact your veterinarian immediately if your pet develops severe or bloody diarrhea. Give all of the amoxicillin that is prescribed for your pet, since symptoms may begin to improve before the infection is completely treated.
- If there are concerns about the seriousness of the infection, blood tests may be needed. The doctor may prescribe antibiotics if the infection is severe, such as sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim (Bactrim), mupirocin (Bactroban), cephalexin (Keflex), clindamycin (Cleocin), doxycycline (Doryx), or vancomycin (Vancocin).
Augmentin is the brand name of a combination antibiotic drug containing amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium. It's used to treat bacterial infections in your airways, such as a sinus infection or pneumonia. Clavulanate is a chemical that helps antibiotics overcome some bacteria's antibiotic resistance.
- It is used to treat infections caused by certain bacteria. Amoxicillin works by killing the bacteria that is causing the infection. Clavulanic acid helps make the amoxicillin more effective. This medication is most commonly used to treat infections of the sinus, ear, lung, skin, and bladder.
- The combination of amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium is used to treat many different infections caused by bacteria, such as sinusitis, pneumonia, ear infections, bronchitis, urinary tract infections, and infections of the skin.
- Do not use if you are allergic to any other penicillin antibiotic, such as amoxicillin (Amoxil, Augmentin, Dispermox, Moxatag), ampicillin (Principen, Unasyn), dicloxacillin (Dycill, Dynapen), oxacillin (Bactocill), or penicillin (Bicillin L-A, PC Pen VK, Pfizerpen), and others.
Updated: 16th October 2019