What is after a trillion?
The disparity between trillion and the final two numbers, quadrillion and quintillion, in fact, is so great that they barely register on the bar graph. Those numbers, in ascending order, are sextillion, septillion, octillion, nonillion, and decillion.
Numbers Bigger Than a Trillion
|Name||Number of Zeros||Groups of (3) Zeros|
- The largest number that has a commonly-known specific name is a "googleplex", which is a 1 followed by a googol zeros, where a "googol" is (a 1 followed by 100 zeros).
- A centillion is the number 1 followed by 303 zeros. It is the highest number given a name under the convention that every 3 zeros you add gets a new name (thousand, million, billion, trillion, etc.) So there is no "next number" in that naming sequence.
- A googol is a 1 with a hundred zeroes behind it. We can write a googol using exponents by saying a googol is 10^100. The biggest named number that we know is googolplex, ten to the googol power, or (10)^(10^100). That's written as a one followed by googol zeroes.
Desert, ME Date: 02/13/97 at 20:03:06 From: Doctor Toby Subject: Re: Names for big numbers After septillion, and following the same pattern, come: octillion nonillion decillion undecillion dodecillion, tredecillion quattuordecillion quindecillion sexdecillion septendecillion octodecillion novemdecillion vigintillion
- a cardinal number represented in the U.S. by 1 followed by 303 zeros, and in Great Britain by 1 followed by 600 zeros.
- Googolchunk gallons of water, compared with googol, googolcrumb, googolspeck and tiny twerpuloid. A duotrigintillion or triginti-deutillion is equal to , or one-tenth of a googol. In the long scale which is commonly used in France and Germany, is called sexdecilliard.
- In the American system one billion is 1,000,000,000 and a trillion is 1,000,000,000,000 so one trillion is one thousand times one billion. In the British system one billion is 1,000,000,000,000 and one trillion is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 so one trillion is one million times one billion.
No such thing as a zillion - but what's after a trillion? After a trillion comes a trillion and one, and so on and so forth, until you get to a quadrillion, which has 15 zeros. Then is a quintillion, 18 zeros; a sextillion, 21 zeros; and on up to a centillion, which has 303 zeros.
- a cardinal number represented in the U.S. by 1 followed by 30 zeros, and in Great Britain by 1 followed by 54 zeros.
- 1,000,000,000. 1,000,000,000 (one billion, short scale; one thousand million or milliard, yard, long scale) is the natural number following 999,999,999 and preceding 1,000,000,001. One billion can also be written as b or bn. In scientific notation, it is written as 1 × 109.
- No such thing as a zillion - but what's after a trillion? After a trillion comes a trillion and one, and so on and so forth, until you get to a quadrillion, which has 15 zeros. Then is a quintillion, 18 zeros; a sextillion, 21 zeros; and on up to a centillion, which has 303 zeros.
Updated: 25th November 2019