What is a VW mode?
A VV/VW Mod at it's simplest is a battery powered vaping device that uses circuitry to regulate its output power and allows adjustment of it's output power in two ways: 1. By adjusting the voltage. 2. By adjusting the wattage.
Power mode (wattage/voltage) is the most common and simplest mode to use. With this mode, you are setting the level of wattage (the measurement of power per second) or voltage (the force of that power). In power mode, you can use kanthal, stainless steel (SS), and nichrome (nickel-chrome) coils.
- Common vaping temperatures are in the range of 200°C- 250°C / 392°F - 480°F, with the temperature usually set in increments of 5°C or 10°F. Since you now have control over the temperature of your coil, it is an easy task to dial-in that sweet spot on your favorite e-juice with relative ease.
- Nichrome Wire and Ribbon (80% Ni/20%Cr). Nichrome is a non-magnetic alloy of nickel and chromium. Nichrome is widely used in heating elements. It is wound in wire coils to a certain electrical resistance, and current passed through to produce heat.
- Kanthal wire is a ferritic iron, chromium-aluminium alloy and is used to build Rebuildable Atomizers (RBA's) and Rebuildable Dripping Atomizers (RDA's) for Mechanical Mods (Mech Mods). Kanthal Wire can be heated at temperatures up to 1400°C (2550°F). The actual type of wire size is identified by Gauge (AWG).
The resistance rises and the mod converts that into a temperature increase. Every TC mod provides a temperature setting: rather than setting the power (watts) of the vape, you set a target temperature. The mod then automatically adjusts the power as you vape.
- If the refrigerator is not cold enough, the evaporator fan motor might have failed. If the refrigerator is not cold enough there might be something caught in the condenser fan motor blade, or the condenser fan motor might be defective. The condenser fan motor draws air over the condenser coils to cool them.
- Of the major appliances in a home, gas ranges have the longest life expectancy: 15 years. Dryers and refrigerators last about 13 years. Some of the appliances with the shortest lifespan are: compactors (6 years), dishwashers (9 years) and microwave ovens (9 years).
- Fixing a refrigerator compressor might cost anywhere from $50 to $300 dollars. The cost of having a problematic refrigerator compressor repaired depends on several factors, the chief ones being the size of the compressor and whether you choose to go with a new or reconditioned compressor.
Smart mode is a huge improvement to the Eleaf software, allowing you to save a specific wattage with a specific tank with its resistance set, so that whenever you add that particular tank with that same resistance, the mod will load up the pre-set saved earlier.
- Depending on your vaporizer, it may have a single TC Vape Mode that supports both Nickel (Ni) and Titanium (Ti) coils, or it may have a specific Temperature Control Mode that must be set to support either Nickel (Ni) or Titanium (Ti) coils individually.
- Now vaping has enhanced the jargon obstacle course by adding something new to learn: TCR Mode. But exactly what is TCR mode? Well, TCR stands for Temperature Coefficient of Resistance. It relates to the resistance and corresponding heat of a particular type of alloy used in a coil.
- Building with Ni80 is a little different from building coils using kanthal, nichrome or stainsteel. Nickel, just like titanium wire, has to be run under temperature control setting or else you can potentially get nickel poison from the metal.
Updated: 4th September 2018