What is a ting Wireless SIM card?
A PUK code is a number associated with your Ting GSM X1 SIM card that unlocks your SIM if it's become locked. The PUK code is printed on the credit card sized card that you pop your Ting GSM X1 SIM card out of when you first receive it.
GSM phones make use of a SIM card to identify the user's account. The use of the SIM card allows GSM network users to quickly move their phone number from one GSM phone to another by simply moving the SIM card. Currently GSM networks operate on the 850MHz, 900MHz, 1800MHz, and 1900MHz frequency bands.
- GSM (Global System for Mobile communication) is a digital mobile telephony system that is widely used in Europe and other parts of the world. GSM uses a variation of time division multiple access (TDMA) and is the most widely used of the three digital wireless telephony technologies (TDMA, GSM, and CDMA).
- Any GPS Tracker has a receiver to triangulate its own position from the satellite signals. Most trackers need a SIM card in order to achieve connectivity. SIM cards are what allow location transmission, sending audio data, and receiving commands to turn on audio and other advanced features.
- This is significant because it marks the first time that MetroPCS, which was CDMA-only before the merger, is using T-Mobile's GSM network. The carrier is accepting unlocked iPhones, Android phones, Windows phones, and certain feature phones, but not BlackBerrys, tablets, or hotspots.
GSM (pronounced gee-ess-em) is the most popular cell phone standard, and is used internationally, so you've probably heard about it in the context of GSM phones and GSM networks, especially when compared to CDMA. GSM originally stood for Groupe Spécial Mobile but now means Global System for Mobile communications.
- All Tracfone cell phones that end with this 'G' use the GSM network, which is either T-Mobile or AT&T. GSM phones have been very popular with Tracfone, but recently there has been a wave of Android smartphones for Tracfone and they all use Verizon CDMA service.
- General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) is a packet oriented mobile data service on the 2G and 3G cellular communication system's global system for mobile communications (GSM).
- Code-division multiple access (CDMA) is a channel access method used by various radio communication technologies. CDMA is an example of multiple access, where several transmitters can send information simultaneously over a single communication channel. CDMA is used as the access method in many mobile phone standards.
Updated: 6th December 2019