What is a role in a job?
A "job role" is a description of what a person does. A "job title" is a convenient name for a role. For example: At my last job, my role was to write code that helped us be sure that our product worked as well as we thought it did.
Designation means a distinguishing name or title, whereas position indicates where someone is relative to some hierarchy,in any collection of people who have been grouped together in some sort of industry etc.
- A designation on a CV or resume is equivalent to a job title. It's literally what title the organization has designated for the job. In that situation, there is some leeway to phrase your job title, or designation, in a way that accurately reflects your job duties.
- The Ontario College of Teachers launched the Ontario Certified Teacher (OCT) designation in the fall of 2009. The College Council grants the OCT designation to members in good standing. The designation signifies that you: are certified and qualified to teach in Ontario's publicly funded schools.
- HR, WORKPLACE the people who work for an organization to keep it running and to support the people who are involved in the organization's main business: support staff such as administrators, carpenters, and electricians. Managers often depend heavily on their support staff.
A job title is essentially the name of a position within an organization filled by an employee. Job function is the routine set of tasks or activities undertaken by a person in that position. An employee's title and function are often closely related, though not all job functions are clear based on title alone.
- A position description (PD) is a structured document assigning work to a given position as it is expected to be performed after customary orientation and training. It will tell the reader what the worker is responsible for doing, how it is done, and how it relates to other positions within and outside the work unit.
- Waiters and Waitresses :: Job Description. Take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment. Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems. Communicate with customers to resolve complaints or ensure satisfaction.
- Designation means a distinguishing name or title, whereas position indicates where someone is relative to some hierarchy,in any collection of people who have been grouped together in some sort of industry etc.
Updated: 20th October 2018