What is a rational explanation?
At the end logical systems are on ingredient among others to go toward a rational explanation. A rational explanation is an explanation that is coherent with a large system of though. At some point, It is the efficiency of logic that legitimates logic and, it is the efficiency of an explanation that makes it rational.
Rational means to think in a reasonable way. Reasonable means either having fair, sensible or sound judgment, or as much as appropriate or fair (moderate, in other words). Rational people therefore are supposed to be those who make statements or decisions by reasoned thinking based on facts.
- having or exercising reason, sound judgment, or good sense: a calm and rational negotiator. being in or characterized by full possession of one's reason; sane; lucid: The patient appeared perfectly rational.
- Method 1 Becoming Rational
- Become solution-oriented.
- Recognize flaws in your thinking.
- Question your purposes and goals.
- Be mindful of emotions.
- Keep a journal to analyze your thoughts.
- Adjust your thinking to make it more effective.
- Irrationality is cognition, thinking, talking, or acting without inclusion of rationality. It is more specifically described as an action or opinion given through inadequate use of reason, or through emotional distress or cognitive deficiency.
It means a commitment to the principle that all of one's convictions, values, goals, desires and actions must be based on, derived from, chosen and validated by a process of thought. Ayn Rand. Rationality is the habit of acting by reason, which means in accordance with the facts of reality.
- Reason is the capacity for consciously making sense of things, establishing and verifying facts, applying logic, and changing or justifying practices, institutions, and beliefs based on new or existing information. The philosophical field of logic studies ways in which humans reason formally through argument.
- Bounded rationality is the idea that when individuals make decisions, their rationality is limited by the tractability of the decision problem, the cognitive limitations of their minds, and the time available to make the decision.
- It is commonly assumed that most of the rape cases go unreported; some estimates go up to or above 90%. (See also Rape reporting.) Non-recognition of domestic violence may lead to under-reporting. Murders are sometimes not reported.
Rational - Based on or in accordance with reason or logic. You act rationally when you use objective thinking, logic, scientific method, arguments, questions etc. Opposed to acting irrationally that means acting according to how you feel in the moment without consciously understanding what you are doing.
- Marginalism is a theory of economics that attempts to explain the discrepancy in the value of goods and services by reference to their secondary, or marginal, utility. Thus, while the water has greater total utility, the diamond has greater marginal utility.
- Walras' law implies that the sum of the values of excess demands across all markets must equal zero, whether or not the economy is in a general equilibrium. This implies that if positive excess demand exists in one market, negative excess demand must exist in some other market.
- Competitive equilibrium (also called: Walrasian equilibrium) is the traditional concept of economic equilibrium, appropriate for the analysis of commodity markets with flexible prices and many traders, and serving as the benchmark of efficiency in economic analysis.
Updated: 25th November 2019