What is a good mixer with spiced rum?
Try it with cranberry juice, mixed with orange juice, stirred with apple juice, or even with apple juice and a dash of elderflower cordial. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Gold also makes the perfect base for some of your favourite rum cocktails. Create a fresh and tasty Rum Collins with soda, lemon and sugar.
Made with molasses, water, mash and yeast, Captain Morgan Original Spiced rum is distilled in a continuous still. Once distilled, the clear spirit is aged in oak barrels for up to a year, adding a golden colour and character to the rum before the flavours and spices are added.
- They are often aged in charred barrels. Rums are distilled alcoholic beverages made from sugarcane byproducts such as molasses or sugarcane juices. Whiskey and rum are two different types of alcoholic beverages that are made using different ingredients.
- Whisky or whiskey is a type of distilled alcoholic beverage made from fermented grain mash. Various grains (which may be malted) are used for different varieties, including barley, corn (maize), rye, and wheat. Whisky is typically aged in wooden casks, generally made of charred white oak.
- Go for the classic Rum and Coke by starting with approximately two ounces of light or dark rum and adding a dark cola to taste. Pour over ice and serve. Try a spicier mixed drink, called a Dark n' Stormy, by pouring dark rum (traditionally Gosling's Black Seal Rum) over ice and ginger beer (a strong ginger soda).
The longer the rum is aged, the darker it is. Rum that isn't aged as long may be called golden. Rum can also be darker if molasses, burnt sugar or caramel is added for color and flavor. Spiced and flavored rum includes ingredients outside of the sugar used to create the alcohol to change the taste.
- White Rum is light-bodied and has a sweet taste. Same as dark Rum, white Rum is made from sugarcane juice or molasses, but usually has a shorter distillation period.
- Bacardi Superior is a white rum made by the Bacardi Company. In the US it is bottled at 80 proof (40% abv) and at 75 proof (37.5% abv) in the UK and Continental Europe. This rum is mostly used to make cocktails calling for a white rum such as Cuba Libre, Daiquiri, Piña Colada, Mojito, and Bacardi cocktail.
- On the other hand, The Celiac Sprue Association suggests playing it safe and drinking alcohol that is made without ingredients containing gluten. Potato vodka, rum, and tequila are made from ingredients that do not contain gluten and are accepted as safe to drink by those with celiac disease or a gluten intolerance.
Substitute equal amount of liquid. Rum (light or dark) – Water, white grape juice, pineapple juice, apple juice or apple cider, or syrup flavored with almond extract. Substitute equal amounts of liquid. Sherry or Bourbon – Orange or pineapple juices, peach syrup, or non-alcoholic vanilla extract.
- Bring Cuba to you with this non-alcoholic rum! So Ronsin has a different bouquet and is certainly sweeter, but it is a tempting non-alcoholic rum that can be effortlessly and endlessly drunk with ice or combined with mixers.
- Concentrated rum flavoring with a low or non-existent alcohol content. There are two kinds of rum extract: natural and imitation. Natural is, of course, made from real rum. Imitation is made from artificial ingredients that are combined to taste like rum.
- Alcohol Substitutions Chart
Beverage General Substitute Beer or Ale Chicken broth, white grape juice, or ginger ale Bourbon Non-alcoholic vanilla extract. Champagne and other sparkling wines: Sparkling apple cider; sparkling cranberry juice; or sparkling grape juice. Brandy Raspberry extract, brandy extract
Updated: 4th December 2019