21st November 2019


What is a fitter for a lamp?

The first thing you must consider when replacing a glass lampshade is the proper “fitter” size of the shade holder on your lamp or fixture. The shade holder is the part (usually metal) that holds the shade to the lamp or fixture (see “before” picture below).

Just so, what is a harp fitting lamp shade?

If your lamp has a harp, you will need a shade with a spider fitter. The spider fitter sits on top of the harp, is secured by a finial, and is integrated in the lampshade. The UNO fitter is built into the lampshade. The Slip type sits on the socket and is held in place by the bulb.

What is a harp and finial on a lamp?

A lamp harp is the component of a lamp to which the lamp shade is attached. It typically comes in two separate parts, a saddle which is fastened under the lamp socket, and the harp itself which consist of a lightweight frame attached to the saddle at its lower end and extending upwards to a point above the bulb.

What size lamp harp do I need?

So for a 6-inch lamp base, the shade should be at least 12 inches wide. And if the total height of the lamp (including the bulb and harp) is 24 inches, the shade should be 8 inches tall.
Write Your Answer


60% people found this answer useful, click to cast your vote.

3 / 5 based on 1 vote.


Press Ctrl + D to add this site to your favorites!