What is a fast Internet speed?
Its speeds can range from approximately 128 Kbps to 9 megabits per second (Mbps). Cable Internet provides speeds up to approximately 30 Mbps, although the speeds are not always consistent. DSL and cable are both considered broadband Internet services, as they provide high speed Internet for homes and businesses.
I recommend 10MBps download speeds at least. That way if someone else in the home is streaming Netflix or Youtube, your gaming shouldn't be effected. Next, as what others are saying, you'll want to go wired. It's the best connection between the PS4 and your Internet.
- Netflix recommends a 3 Mbps connection for one standard-quality stream and 5 Mbps for a high-definition stream. Two simultaneous HD quality streams would need around 10 Mbps, and so on. Online video games don't require much bandwidth to play. However, downloading a video game or other huge file takes lots of bandwidth.
- Q: What does 150 Mbps and 300 Mbps Routers mean? A: 150 Mbps and 300 Mbps means the maximum wireless links speed the router can provide. It is the internal WLAN connection speed between the computer and the router, not the internet speed.
- You can test the latency of your internet connection by using Speedtest.net, the most popular online speed test. (Fun fact: Speedtest was even featured in one of the Iron Man films.) Anything below a ping of 20ms is considered to be great, while anything over 150ms could result in noticeable lag.
What is a fast Internet speed? DSL, or Digital Subscriber Line, is a step above this. Its speeds can range from approximately 128 Kbps to 9 megabits per second (Mbps). Cable Internet provides speeds up to approximately 30 Mbps, although the speeds are not always consistent.
- Fast Internet is a relative term. High-speed Internet has a speed of 512 kilobits per second (Kbps) or higher, although the idea of fast Internet is relative. Just a few decades ago, dial-up was the only Internet service offered to homes, and the fastest connection possible was 56 Kbps.
- 3mbps is not fast internet. It is pretty slow. So to answer your question, if you have speeds of <1mbps, then 3mbps might be considered fast internet for you. However, if your current speed is 3mbps, then You might feel it to be a little slow, and look towards speeds of 7mbps and up, as fast internet.
- 30mbps is not blazingly fast by today's standards, but it is also very adequate. 1080p streaming takes 5–10mbps, and 4k around 16mbps. So you will not have issues streaming video, which is the most demanding task for a typical home connection.
Updated: 3rd October 2019