What is a CRT in medical terms?
An implanted cardiac resynchronization device is a medical device used in cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT). It resynchronizes the contractions of the heart's ventricles by sending tiny electrical impulses to the heart muscle, which can help the heart pump blood throughout the body more efficiently.
Cathode Ray Tube
- Usually used when talking about CVS pharmacy or Kmart, CRTs print at the bottom of your receipt and are generated based on your purchasing history (seemingly random). CRTs are specific to the store where they were printed. They are usually product specific coupons, example: $1.00 off any deodorant purchase.
- Police & FBI Acronyms
187 California Penal Code for Murder CRT Crime Response Team CUBA Conduct Unbecoming An Attorney CUBO Conduct Unbecoming An Officer DA District Attorney
- Flat-panel display. Unlike CRT monitors, flat-panel displays use liquid-crystal display (LCD) or light-emitting diode (LED) technology to make them much lighter and thinner compared to a traditional CRT monitor.
Medicine. Capillary refill time, the rate at which blood refills empty capillaries. Cognitive Retention Therapy, a dementia treatment. Cardiac resynchronization therapy, a treatment for heart failure. CRT-D, an implanted cardiac resynchronization device.
- Normal capillary refill time is usually less than 2 seconds. In newborn infants, capillary refill time can be measured by pressing on the sternum for five seconds with a finger or thumb, and noting the time needed for the color to return once the pressure is released.
- MICU vs SICU. Intensive care units, as previously explained, are for critically ill patients that require close supervision and monitoring; larger hospitals will separate medical and surgical patients. MICU stands for medical intensive care unit, while SICU is a surgical intensive care unit.
- CRTs have a distinctive funnel shape. At the very back of a monitor is an electron gun. The electron gun fires electrons towards the front through a vacuum which exists in the tube of the monitor. The gun can also be referred to as a cathode - hence the electrons fired foward are called Cathode Rays.
cathode ray tube
- What does CRT stand for?
Rank Abbr. Meaning CRT Combat Readiness Training CRT Combat Repair Team (US Army) CRT Companhia Rio Grandense de Telecomunicações (Brazilian telephonic company) CRT Contingency Response Team (USAF)
Acronym Definition CERT Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US government) CERT Certificate CERT Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) CERT Community Emergency Response Team
- crt's. cash register tape (crt) coupons print at the cvs coupon center, on the end of your receipt, or from your account on cvs.com.
Updated: 24th September 2018