Also to know is, what is appropriate to wear to a memorial service?
- Choose dark, neutral colors such as black, brown, navy, or gray.
- Wear a dress, skirt and blouse, or business-casual pants and blouse.
- Choose clothing that covers the knees and shoulders.
- If wearing jewelry, choose simple and traditional pieces.
What is appropriate for a woman to wear to a funeral?
What is appropriate to wear to a wake?
- Wear low-key colors. You don't have to wear black but a wake isn't the place to wear your leopard print blouse or salmon colored khakis.
- Keep your accessories simple. Your accessories should be simple and neutral.
- Keep patterns simple.
- Don't go too casual.
- Stay away from festive or fun attire.