What is a booster pack on Steam?
You can use your gems to craft booster packs now. Booster pack is actually is an alternative drop. Once you get all the cards for a game, you can expect to have a booster pack which consists of 3 trading cards of a game that you are eligible for. Basically these terms are related to your Steam profile.
The author was referring to the steam holiday gems. They are a new feature (released yesterday) in which a steam user can turn their extra junk cards/backgrounds/emotes into "gems." These gems can be used to buy more cards; or, during the upcoming holiday event only, to bid on games.
- Badges are crafted from trading cards, which drop as you play games. A game will only drop half of its full set; you need to trade for or buy the rest on the Steam marketplace. Each crafted badge nets you 100XP, and you can level it up four times by collecting and crafting the same cards again, for a total of 500XP.
- Each set of trading cards has a badge associated with it. You can earn and level up trading card badges by crafting a completed set. To access your list of available badges click on the "badges" link on the right side of your Steam profile. Badges which require trading cards will display the card images on the bar.
- The following 10 gems are the world's rarest and most valuable gemstones.
- Poudretteite. First discovered in the 1960s in the Poudrette quarry of Mon Saint Hilaire, Quebec, Poudretteite is one of the rarest gems known today.
- Black Opal.
- Red Beryl.
Steam Foil Trading cards can be crafted into foil badges, similar to how you can craft normal badges from normal trading cards. Other than that, it is useless, but everyone thinks they need one. They are essentially rarer trading cards. They are found the same way normal trading cards are.
- All pokemon sets have reverse holo cards. They are your typical 'shiny' cards - the same version as the normal rare/uncommon/common cards but shiny. Their value is not usually that much more than the normal version of the card - however this varies depending on which card it is and how popular they are.
- Foil cards, officially styled as premium cards, are Magic cards which have a foil or "glossy" finish to them. Urza's Legacy was the first set to feature foil cards in booster packs. However, Lightning Dragon was the first widely-available foil premium card, as it was the card given away at the Urza's Saga prerelease.
- To tell if a card is rare or mythic rare we look at the expansion set symbol. Almost all cards will have an expansion set symbol on it to help you identify it. The colour of this symbol will tell you what rarity the card is; common = black, uncommon = silver, rare = gold, mythic = orange-red / bronze.
Steam Gift Cards work just like a gift certificate, while Steam Wallet Codes work just like a game activation code both of which can be redeemed on Steam for the purchase of games, software, wallet credit, and any other item you can purchase on Steam.
- You must be logged in to a steam account to redeem Steam Wallet codes. Steam Gift Cards and Wallet Codes work just like gift certificates, which can be redeemed on Steam for the purchase of games, software, and any other item you can purchase on Steam.
- Add funds via Steam:
- Log in to your Steam account.
- Click your username in the upper right hand corner and select Account Details.
- Click on "+Add funds to your Steam Wallet" to select an amount and proceed to checkout.
- Please follow these instructions to activate a new retail purchase on Steam:
- Launch the Steam client software and log into your Steam account.
- Click the Games Menu.
- Choose Activate a Product on Steam
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
Updated: 2nd October 2019