What is a Anodeless service riser?
Anodeless Riser. from Glossary (2016) by U.S. Department of Transportation & U.S. Department of Transportation, Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration. A steel casing with a plastic pipe inside. The plastic pipe inside the steel casing is the service line carrying gas to the customer meter.
riser pipeline - a vertical pipe in a building. riser main, riser pipe, riser. pipage, pipe, piping - a long tube made of metal or plastic that is used to carry water or oil or gas etc.
- Riser, another name for a theatre platform. Riser, a length of vertically oriented piping used to deliver fluid, gas, or electrical signals or power upward. Drilling riser, a device used on a ship or offshore drilling rig. Dry riser, a pipe used to deliver water to firefighting systems that is normally kept empty (dry)
- The top of stacks must be vented too, via a stack vent, which is sometimes called a stink pipe. All plumbing waste fixtures use traps to prevent sewer gases from leaking into the house. Through traps, all fixtures are connected to waste lines, which in turn take the waste to a "soil stack", or "soil vent pipe".
- Manifold plumbing systems are control centers for hot and cold water that feed flexible PEX supply lines to individual fixtures. Manifolds together with a plastic piping offer installation-related cost advantages over conventional rigid pipe plumbing systems.
The list of gas piping materials - part of your question, depending on where the pipe is used, includes aluminum (in some locations and never below ground), brass (yellow - the old traditional gas piping found indoors in older buildings), copper type L or K rated for gas systems, iron (black ductile iron) above ground
- In this context, 'black iron' is just slang referring to steel pipe with black paint on it or no paint on it as opposed to being galvanized. As the son of a plumber from before the age of plastic pipe, "black iron" was used on gas pipes (and often still is), whereas galvanized piping was used on waste piping.
- GI Pipes. Galvanised Iron (GI) Pipes are manufactured using mild steel strips of Low Carbon Steel Coils. The GI Pipes are generally used for distribution of treated or raw water in rural or urban areas. These pipes are cheaper, light weight and easy to handle.
- Black ABS plastic pipe is often referred to as black PVC. It's similar in property to PVC, but is slightly different. The black ABS is flexible, and can be used in applications where flexibility is a must. It can be connected to PVC to form a water-tight seal.
Updated: 2nd October 2019