What is 2 3 as a decimal?
Common Fractions with Decimal and Percent Equivalents
|ORIGINAL AMOUNT||HALF THE AMOUNT||ONE-THIRD THE AMOUNT|
|3/4 cup||6 tbsp||1/4 cup|
|2/3 cup||1/3 cup||3 tbsp + 1-1/2 tsp|
|1/2 cup||1/4 cup||2 tbsp + 2 tsp|
|1/3 cup||2 tbsp + 2 tsp||1 tbsp + 1-1/4 tsp|Operation Explanation Example Convert a percent to a decimal Move the decimal point 2 places to the left. If you need to, put a zero on the front. 5% = .05 Convert a fraction to a decimal Divide the numerator by the denominator, using your calculator. 1/8 = .125
- A tablespoon is equal to 3 teaspoons. A half tablespoon is, therefore, equal to 1 1/2 teaspoons. If you've lost the teaspoon measuring spoon and only have the half or quarter teaspoons left, a half tablespoon equals three half teaspoons or six quarter teaspoons.
ORIGINAL AMOUNT HALF THE AMOUNT ONE-THIRD THE AMOUNT 3/4 cup 6 tbsp 1/4 cup 2/3 cup 1/3 cup 3 tbsp + 1-1/2 tsp 1/2 cup 1/4 cup 2 tbsp + 2 tsp 1/3 cup 2 tbsp + 2 tsp 1 tbsp + 1-1/4 tsp
Follow these 2 steps to convert a mixed number to a decimal:
- Convert the fraction to a decimal: Divide the numerator by the denominator.
- Add this decimal number to the whole number part of the mixed number.
- Fraction to decimal conversion table
Fraction Decimal 1/4 0.25 2/4 0.5 3/4 0.75 1/5 0.2
- Example: Convert the mixed number 2 3/4 to a percentage
- Convert the fraction part of the mixed number to a decimal. Divide the numerator by the denominator: 3 / 4 = 0.75.
- Add the decimal to the whole number part of the mixed number: 2 + 0.75 = 2.75.
- Convert the decimal to a percent. Multiply the decimal number by 100:
- To convert a Percent to a Fraction follow these steps:
- Step 1: Write down the percent divided by 100 like this: percent 100.
- Step 2: If the percent is not a whole number, then multiply both top and bottom by 10 for every number after the decimal point.
- Step 3: Simplify (or reduce) the fraction.
Updated: 25th September 2018