- Basil. Basil is a firm favourite of ours here.
- Bay leaves. Bay leaves have a particular taste and smell that lends itself well to delicate fish.
- Caraway seeds. The sweetness of caraway seeds makes them an ideal candidate for a fish sauce.
- Chives. Chives go exceptionally well in fish sauces.
Similarly one may ask, what herbs and spices go well with salmon?
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced.
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme.
- 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
What spices do you use on salmon?
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided.
- 2 1/2-pound salmon fillet.
What is good to Season salmon with?