What essential oils are good for killing bacteria?
These essential oils are all an excellent way to do just that.
- Tea tree essential oil.
- Oregano essential oil.
- Cinnamon essential oil.
- Grapefruit essential oil.
- Clove essential oil.
- Thyme essential oil.
- Lemongrass essential oil.
- Bergamot essential oil.
Here are my 10 essential oils for cleaning.
- Lemon. Loved for its light, clean scent, this essential oil is also a powerhouse in homemade cleaning recipes.
- Tea Tree (Melaleuca) Is there anything tea tree oil can't do?
- Wild Orange.
- Cinnamon Leaf.
- Homemade Disinfectant. Mix up one part rubbing alcohol to one part water in a spray bottle, and use it to disinfect points of contact and other germy areas. You can even use it directly on a cotton pad to clean your earring posts, thermometers, and any other personal items.
- Among other applications, hydrogen peroxide is used as a disinfectant. It is used to treat inflammation of the gums and to disinfect (drinking) water. It is also used to combat excessive microbial growth in water systems and cooling towers. This increases the amount of oxygen in water.
- “What you guys don't know, mixing Rubbing Alcohol and Hydrogen Peroxide forms an Unknown Chemical. It is Inactive for a few days, and when you leave it out, it forms an Acid, that can give you really Bad Chemical Burns.” You should have this rule of precaution when mixing any household chemicals.
Peppermint mixes especially well with other essential oils popular for cleaning, including lavender, eucalyptus, lemon and rosemary. Made from the Australian Melaleuca tree, tea tree essential oil offers antibacterial, antiseptic and antifungal properties.
- Some antibacterial oils include:
- Tea Tree Oil.
- Best Essential Oils to Clean Your Floors With:
- Lavender + Lemon.
- Citrus Blend: Lemon, Lemongrass, Wild Orange, and Lime.
- Spicy Blend: Orange, Clove or Cinnamon.
- Protective blend.
- Cleansing Blend: Melaleuca + Eucalyptus.
- Minty Refresher: Peppermint + Wild Orange.
- One of my favorite essential oils to use for cleaning is lemon essential oil. Not only does it have a fresh, clean scent, but it is also antiseptic, antifungal, and antiviral. Lemon is an air disinfectant and is invigorating and energizing (which I can always use more of when I'm cleaning!)
Updated: 28th September 2018