What does the teardrop tattoo really mean?
In some places, the tattoo can mean a lengthy prison sentence, while in others it signifies that the wearer has committed murder. If the teardrop is just an outline, it can symbolize an attempted murder. It can also mean that one of the inmate's friends was murdered and that they are seeking revenge.
I did Google a bit about the meaning of this tattoo and this is what I got "The tattoo can have various meanings: it can signify that the wearer has killed someone or has spent time in prison; that the wearer was raped while incarcerated or it can acknowledge the loss of a family or fellow gang member.
- The elbow spiderweb tattoo has a lot of variable meanings but it is most associated with doing time in prison - being trapped, tangled in the system, or just being idle and letting the cobwebs form.
- In logical argument and mathematical proof, the therefore sign (∴) is generally used before a logical consequence, such as the conclusion of a syllogism. The symbol consists of three dots placed in an upright triangle and is read therefore.
- Cross Tattoo Meanings. In some cultures, the cross design represents the 'axis mundi,' or 'the centre of the universe,' around which everything else revolves. In Christianity, the cross represents the event of Jesus Christ's crucifixion, an essential moment in the history of the religion.
Teardrop Under Left Eye Meaning. What does a teardrop on the left side mean? Originally—for both sides—the teardrop denoted a prisoner that someone else in jail 'owned.'
- The Greeks believed diamonds were tears of the gods; the Romans believed they were splinters of fallen stars and that they brought courage and bravery during battle. Today, diamonds are used to symbolize eternity and love, being often seen adorning engagement rings.
- Rose Tattoos for Men. In the Roman Empire, roses were used as a symbol of bloodshed while in the Greek mythology, rose symbolized immortal love after roses grew from Aphrodite, the Greek goddess' pool. And in Tarot, playing cards from the 15th century, roses were used to symbolize optimism and fresh beginnings.
- Feather tattoos symbolize different characters as found in birds like truth, courage, bravery, freedom, travel and more. Some cultures and civilizations view feathers as messages from the spirit world. The below tattoo looks ideal for both men and women especially when worn on the visible areas of the body.
The three dots tattoo is a common prison tattoo that represents "mi vida loca," or "my crazy life." It's not associated with any particular gang, but with the gang lifestyle itself. This tattoo is typically found on the hands or around the eyes.
- The five dots, sometimes known as the quincunx, represents time done in prison. The four dots on the outside represent the four walls, and the dot on the inside represents the prisoner. The five dots is actually an international prison tattoo; it is common among both American and European prison inmates.
- verb. to receive and perform oral sex at the same time. Origin: the numbers 69 look like they are "69ing". Want to 69 each other? See more words with the same meaning: oral sex, 'go down on'.
- The three dots tattoo is a common prison tattoo that represents “mi vida loca,” or “my crazy life.” It's not associated with any particular gang, but with the gang lifestyle itself. This tattoo is typically found on the hands or around the eyes.
Updated: 15th October 2018