What does the chromecast do?
A.: Chromecast is a device that you plug into your TV's HDMI port, powered by a USB cable (included). Using your smartphone or computer as a remote control, you can use Chromecast to access video content from Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, the Google Play Store and other services.
Unfortunately for Amazon Prime subscribers, the options are limited and far from ideal. For Chromecast, it is possible to play a video from Amazon.com in Google's Chrome browser, then use the Cast extension to mirror the computer's display.
- Prime Video is available through your computer's web browser as well as hundreds of streaming media devices, including:
- Smart TVs.
- Blu-ray players.
- Set-top boxes (Roku, Google TV, TiVo, Nvidia Shield)
- Amazon Fire TV.
- Fire TV Stick.
- Game consoles (PlayStation, Xbox, Wii)
- Amazon also has put a limit on how many devices can stream videos at the same time through Amazon Video. You can stream up to three different titles at the same time on different devices and the same title can only be streamed on one device at one time.
- “Free or paid Amazon Prime members can share their shipping benefits with up to four additional family members living in the same household. To get started creating your Amazon Household, go to Manage Your Content and Devices. Under the Settings tab, select Invite an Adult under Households and Family Library.
Google Cast, branded for consumer devices as Chromecast built-in, is a proprietary protocol developed by Google that enables mobile devices and personal computers to initiate and control playback of Internet-streamed audio/video content on a compatible device, such as a digital media player connected to a high-
- Cast from Chromecast-enabled apps to your TV
- Make sure the mobile device, tablet or computer you are using to cast is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast or TV with Chromecast built-in.
- Open a Chromecast-enabled app.
- Tap the Cast button .
- Tap the device you'd like to cast to.
- Google Cast is a simple, affordable way to send (or 'cast') entertainment and apps from your phone, tablet or computer to your TV or speakers. It works with Android phones and tablets, iPhones, iPads and computers and once it's set up it's as simple as pressing a button.
- Step 2. Cast your screen from your Android device
- Connect your Android device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast or TV with Chromecast built-in.
- Open the Google Home app .
- In the top left corner of the app's Home screen, tap Menu Cast Screen / audio Cast Screen / audio.
Updated: 16th October 2019