What does MOS stand for in the Marines?
military occupational specialty
Concentrate on jobs that include these skills.
- 01 Personnel and Administration. 0121 Personnel Clerk.
- 02 Intelligence. 0211 Counterintelligence/HUMINT Specialist.
- 03 Infantry. 0311 Rifleman.
- 04 Logistics.
- 05 Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF) Plans.
- 06 Communications.
- 08 Field Artillery.
- 09 Training.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien. You must be at least 17 years old (17-year old applicants require parental consent). You must (with very few exceptions) have a high school diploma. You must pass a physical medical exam.
- At SOI, they will train with one of two training battalions, either MCT or ITB. All non-infantry Marines attend training at Marine Combat Training Battalion (MCT), while infantry Marines (all Marines with a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) of 03xx) attend training at Infantry Training Battalion (ITB).
- In the United States Marine Corps, the logistics combat element (LCE), formerly combat service support element, is the portion of the Marine air-ground task force responsible with providing logistical support. It provides equipment and personnel to keep the MAGTF running logistically.
ASVAB and Marine Corps Jobs. Jobs in the Marine Corps are called "MOS" (short for Military Occupational Specialty).
- US Marine Corps Salaries
Job Title Salary Marine Corps Officer salaries $95,197 E4 - Marines - Corporal salaries $2,334/mo 03 - Marines - Captain salaries $87,327 E4 - Marines - Corporal salaries $30,716
- Ranks in the Marine Corps
- E-1, Private, Pvt.
- E-2, Private First Class, PFC.
- E-3, Lance Corporal, LCpl.
- E-4, Corporal, Cpl.
- E-5, Sergeant, Sgt.
- E-6, Staff Sergeant, SSgt.
- E-7, Gunnery Sergeant, GySgt.
- E-8. Master Sergeant, MSgt. First Sergeant, 1Sgt.
- Examinees also receive a score on what is called the Armed Forces Qualification Test (AFQT). AFQT scores are computed using the Standard Scores from four ASVAB subtests: Arithmetic Reasoning (AR), Mathematics Knowledge (MK), Paragraph Comprehension (PC), and Word Knowledge (WK).
The Marine Corps is one of the most elite fighting forces in the world. The Marines are a part of the Department of the Navy and operate in close cooperation with U.S. Naval forces at sea. The Marine Corps' mission is unique among the services.
- Over time, the roles and operations of the Marines have made it look an awful lot like the US Army, but they really are quite different in terms of their missions. To put it mildly, the US Marine Corps is designed to annihilate enemies. Its training is far more difficult, its brotherhood based on being deadly.
- The Marines were officially established on 10 November 1775 by the Continental Congress to act as a landing force for the United States Navy. In 1798, however, Congress established the Marine Corps as a separate service.
- As America's expeditionary force in readiness since 1775, the Marines are forward deployed to win our nation's battles swiftly and aggressively in times of crisis. We fight on land, sea and air, as well as provide forces and detachments to naval ships and ground operations.
Updated: 20th September 2018