In this case, the "HUNT" message typically means that the box is searching for a signal - you can usually get rid of this message by power cycling the box. To do that you can unplug the power for 30 seconds or so.
What does Alt mean on my cable box?
When your Time Warner cable box boots up, it displays various messages on the front of the box. While it's trying to detect a signal coming from the cable input, the box displays Alt, which means "wait." Check your connections, reboot your cable box and then call Time Warner support if you can't resolve the problem.
General pixilation and freezing occurs when there is a disruption in the TV signal, or there is a weak signal altogether. Check your connections: Unplug the HDMI cable from your Bell MTS Fibe TV Set-top Box. Make sure all cables connected on the set-top box and your TV are secure.
You can connect your high-definition (HD) Spectrum Receiver (cable box) to your HDTV using either HDMI or component cables. To get started: Connect the power cord to the back of the receiver and plug it into a wall outlet. Connect the coaxial cable between the cable wall outlet and the Cable In port on the HD receiver.
In computer programming, a return code or an error code is an enumerated message that corresponds to the status of a specific software application. They are typically used to identify faults, such as those in faulty hardware, software, or incorrect user input.
Reboot Using the Power Button
- Ensure your cables are tightly secured.
- Press and hold the Power button located on the front of the TV Box for 10 seconds.
- The TV Box should automatically reboot.
Unplug the router first, then unplug the modem. Neither of them have power buttons, so it's a matter of pulling the power cord out of the back of the modem or router. Count down to 10, then plug the modem back in and then the router next. Give them both time to boot up and connect by watching the activity lights.
To set the clock display on your receiver:
- Press Menu twice to get to the Main Menu.
- Select Setup, then Cable Box Setup.
- Highlight Front LED Display, then scroll to select Current Time.
- Press the Exit button on your remote to return to live programming.
Instead, this is how to reboot your wireless router:
- Unplug your router or modem from its power outlet (don't just turn it off).
- Wait 15-20 seconds, then plug it back in.
- Allow the device a minute or two to turn back on.
Solution #1 - Unplug the modem, then plug it back in
- Close your Internet browser if it's open.
- Unplug the modem's power cord. Not sure which is the power cord?
- Count to 15, which lets the modem power down.
- Plug it back in.
- Wait two minutes for the modem to initialize the connection.
- Open your web browser.
How to reset internet settings in Windows
- Close all Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer windows.
- Launch Internet Explorer and click on the cog icon in the top-right corner. Then choose Internet Options.
- On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
- Restart your computer when IE has finished restoring the settings.
If that light is out, the Wi-Fi isn't channeling an Internet connection. If it's on, the Internet service itself isn't working. Before you do anything else, restart your router and modem. You might have just temporarily hit a bug and a quick reboot will fix it.
My iPhone Won't Connect to the Internet. If your iPhone is failing to connect to the Internet via your cellular data network, try resetting the phone. If that doesn't solve the connection issue, try resetting the iPhone's network settings. Go to Settings, General, Reset, and then select Reset Network Settings.
To RESTART (reboot) your modem:
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the modem. Verify you have unplugged the correct cord by checking that all the lights on the modem are turned OFF.
- Plug the power cord back into the modem.
- Wait for the Internet light to turn green.
- Try connecting to the Internet.
To do this, press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds. NOTE: Resetting your router to its default factory settings will also reset your router's password. The router's default password is “admin” as for the username, just leave the field blank.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) is a network security standard that allow users to easily secure a wireless home network, and connect wireless client devices (iPad's, smart phones, printers, etc.) to it, without accessing the router's configuration screens, and without even knowing the wireless network's security password
With the Router powered on, press and hold the WPS/RESET button (more than 10 seconds) until the SYS LED becomes quick-flash from slow-flash. Please go to System Tools -> Factory Defaults” page, then click on the restore button and wait the Router to reboot to its factory default settings.
To connect to a WPS-enabled router, press the WPS button on your router or access point. Press and hold down the Wi-Fi button on your product for 3 seconds. Note: Be sure to press and hold the Wi-Fi button on your product within 2 minutes of pressing the WPS button on your router or access point.
The WPS button on a router gives you an easier/quicker way to add wireless devices to your network. You can press the WPS button on your router and then press the WPS button on your wireless device to connect to the network rather than searching for the network and typing in a password.
To disable the Router PIN method:
- Login to the router GUI by typing www.routerlogin.net on an Internet browser's address bar.
- Go to Advanced Setup menu and select Wireless Settings.
- Under WPS settings, put a check mark on Disable Router's PIN box.
- Hit Apply button to save settings.
WPS stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup. It is a wireless network security standard that tries to make connections between a router and wireless devices faster and easier. WPS works only for wireless networks that use a password that is encrypted with the WPA Personal or WPA2 Personal security protocols.
To turn on / off WPS, the security type must not be set to None or WEP.
- Access the router configuration main menu.
- From the Top menu, click Wireless Settings.
- Click Basic Security Settings (on the left).
- Under Turn Wireless On (step 6 on the Basic Security Settings section), ensure WPS is set to On / Off.