What does it mean to be in a platonic relationship?
Platonic describes a relationship that is purely spiritual and not physical. This word platonic refers to the writings of Plato, an ancient Greek philosopher who wrote on the interesting subject of love. Platonic love and platonic friendships are marked by the absence of physical or sexual desire.
If you are looking for just a friend go to www.rentafriend.com and you will find a friend that wants to be strictly platonic, meaning no sex whatsoever involved, just a friendly relationship to go places and have a good time rather it be dancing or going to a nightclub.
- Trust me, a light touch goes a long way. If she's hugging you around your neck, your fingertips should start at her sides and work their way around to her back. If she's going for a hug around your waist then meet her arms with your fingertips and gently run your fingers up until you hands glide up around her back.
- Hand-kissing is a gesture indicating courtesy, politeness, respect, admiration or even devotion by one person toward another. The hand-kiss is used quite prominently in The Godfather series, as a way to indicate the person who is the Don.
- Talk to her.
- Make sure she is comfortable.
- Separate your hands if they get too sweaty.
- Be gentle; she won't like it if you just go ahead and grab it suddenly.
- Squeeze her hand a little to give her a jolt.
- Take your other arm bring it around your waist and rub her upper arm (right about elbow area).
Craigslist "Strictly Platonic" Actual Agendas, September 10-15. (click to enlarge) Quite a few ostensibly Platonic listings are frankly sexual, even if they don't involve "conventional" sex; others bury the sexual lede in a common interest, like music, or good conversation, or weed.
- Neither nor are infinite. They are, however, irrational numbers. Every number has an infinite decimal representation, but that does not mean that the number is infinite. This is clearly a finite number, but it requires an infinite number of digits to represent it as a decimal number.
- The Golden ratio is a special number found by dividing a line into two parts so that the longer part divided by the smaller part is also equal to the whole length divided by the longer part. It is often symbolized using phi, after the 21st letter of the Greek alphabet. Phi is usually rounded off to 1.618.
Platonic love in its modern popular sense is an affectionate relationship into which the sexual element does not enter, especially in cases where one might easily assume otherwise. A simple example of platonic relationships is a deep, non-sexual friendship between two heterosexual people of the opposite sexes.
- Platonic love in its modern popular sense is an affectionate relationship into which the sexual element does not enter, especially in cases where one might easily assume otherwise. A simple example of platonic relationships is a deep, non-sexual friendship between two heterosexual people of the opposite sexes.
- Yes. Personally, I think kissing on the cheek is a friendly greeting or parting gesture, kissing on the lips is something intimate shared between people in a relationship. My boyfriend is bi, and he kisses guys sometimes in a platonic way and I don't care. It's just silly exchange of saliva.
- A romantic friendship or passionate friendship is a very close but typically non-sexual relationship between friends, often involving a degree of physical closeness beyond that which is common in the contemporary Western societies.
Updated: 16th October 2019