What does it mean Priority Mail postage required?
The US Postal Service's Priority Mail is a quick yet economical way to mail packages under 70 pounds within the United States. Using Priority Mail Flat Rate packages designed by USPS or your own boxes, you can ship items across the country and have them arrive in one to three days to most locations.
The Priority Mail® Flat Rate Envelope is quick, easy, and convenient, simplifying your Priority Mail® shipping process for documents. Just like the Flat Rate Boxes, this paperboard envelope features a predetermined flat rate regardless of the weight or destination zone of the package.
- Priority Mail Flat Rate is a 1 to 3 day shipping service provided by the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) that features one flat rate for delivery of a package or envelope to its destination. The service allows a maximum weight of 70 lbs. or less for each envelope or package.
- First-Class Mail Flats/Large Envelopes (1 oz.) rates will increase 4 cents to $0.98 from $0.94 in 2016. Each additional ounce will cost an extra $0.21 (no change from 2016). Postcard rates will stay the same at $0.34.
- No. The only postage that can be used on USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate packaging is the matching Flat Rate postage. You need to supply your own envelope or box if you want to use First Class Package postage. Check your local retail stores when they are stocking shelves for free boxes.
Priority Mail. Sometimes, your large envelopes or packages are going to be too heavy to ship via First-Class Mail. The USPS does provide free Priority Mail envelopes, boxes and labels, so be sure to order as many as you need directly from the Stamps.com Store.
- If your padded envelope exceeds 4 oz., you will need more postage. If it is just a letter you are mailing, I would say yes, it will have enough postage. It might even get by with two stamps if it's less than an ounce and not too large. A padded or a bubble envelope is sent as a parcel.
- A 6” x 9” envelope with weight up to 1 ounce requires one $.49 first class rate stamp; weight between 1 and 2 ounces will cost $.70; weight between 2 and 3 ounces will cost $.91; and weight between 3.0 and 3.5 ounces will cost $1.12.
- Priority Mail Flat Rate Products
Free Supplies8 Shipping Price Padded Flat Rate Envelope $7.10 commercial base $7.25 at Post Office (retail & online) Legal Flat Rate Envelope $6.85 commercial base $7.00 at Post Office (retail & online) Small Flat Rate Box $7.05 commercial base $7.20 at Post Office (retail & online)
Priority Mail Flat Rate Products
|Free Supplies8||Shipping Price|
|Padded Flat Rate Envelope||$7.10 commercial base $7.25 at Post Office (retail & online)|
|Legal Flat Rate Envelope||$6.85 commercial base $7.00 at Post Office (retail & online)|
|Small Flat Rate Box||$7.05 commercial base $7.20 at Post Office (retail & online)|
- An order of 1 equals 10 envelopes. The Priority Mail® Legal Flat Rate Envelope is perfect for getting those legal size documents to their destination quickly and at a low flat rate.
- A USPS overnight flat rate envelope ships to “most places” for only $17.50 regardless of weight or distance. If you can fit it in the envelope, it's only $17.50. UPS and FedEx don't do that, so prices vary depending on what you're sending.
- Priority delivery. The USPS flat rate boxes are Priority Mail, meaning that a package will normally be delivered in two or three days.
Updated: 12th November 2019