What does battery saving mode do?
Battery saver mode. Battery saver mode changes certain settings to conserve battery power until you can recharge your phone. From the Battery saver screen, tap Turn Battery saver on (at the top of the screen) to set the phone to activate Battery saver mode immediately, when the charge drops to 10%, 20%, 30%, or 50%.
The fastest possible way to charge your phone is to put it into Airplane Mode and turn off the screen. However, low power mode is almost as good and it will charge far faster in low power mode than in regular mode. Whoever you heard that from was not only wrong, but told you the complete opposite of the truth.
- One popular phone charging tip circulating the internet is that putting your mobile phone into airplane mode will decrease the time it takes to charge its battery. Because airplane mode turns off all radio frequencies on your device, the thinking goes, the battery should charge faster in this state.
- Turn it off. Turning your phone off completely will allow it to recharge even faster than putting it in airplane mode. Again, you might miss out on a few notifications while it is off, but you'll have to live with that if you want your phone to last until you come home again.
- 8 iPhone Battery Tips and Tricks
- Turn off Background Refresh for apps you don't care about.
- Disable as many notifications as possible.
- Watch your signal strength indicator.
- Check for email manually.
- Turn off Location Services and Frequent Locations.
- Check for software updates.
- The old power-saving standbys still help.
Low Power Mode reduces the amount of power that your iPhone uses when the battery gets low. To turn Low Power Mode on or off, go to Settings > Battery. When Low Power Mode is on, your iPhone will last longer before you need to charge it, but some features might take longer to update or complete.
- If your battery gets too low, you can put the watch into Power Reserve mode so you can see the time for up to 72 hours. All Apple Watch functionality shuts down except the ability to keep and display the time, which can only be displayed by pressing the side button on the watch. The time displays for six seconds.
- Your iPhone battery is yellow because Low Power Mode is turned on. To change it back to normal, go to Settings -> Battery and tap the switch next to Low Power Mode. Low Power Mode turns off automatically when your battery level reaches 80%.
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10 users
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Click Power options or Change power-saving settings.
- Click the Change Plan link under any of the plans to get the Edit Plan Settings window as shown below.
Updated: 2nd October 2019